SIMMONS, Patrick Mark "Pat" - b. March 2, 1960 - d. July 23, 2010

Started by flo, July 23, 2010, 09:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

Don't see this on here any place yet - Pat Simmons collapsed early this morning out at the HS track where he ran each morning.  I do not have any more information than that.  Have just returned from seeing Debbie.  I have such wonderful neighbors here.  It is just such a shock and so sad.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

patyrn

Wow, this is such sad news and nearly unbelievable!!!  What a great loss for his family and the West Elk family and students!!!  Thanks for the information, Flo, and updates will follow when received.  

oldmom

This is a shock - my family's thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Catwoman

Prayers are going up for Debbie and the kids...I am so sorry to hear this.

painted

MY PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS GO OUT TO THE FAMILY TOO.

patyrn

Patrick Mark "Pat" Simmons, age 50, a resident of Howard, Kansas, died Friday, July 23, 2010.  He was born March 2, 1960 in Larned, Kansas, the son of Vincent Dennis and Grace Lavada (Bird) Simmons.

Pat was a graduate of Larned High School and a graduate of Bethany College Class of 1982.  On June 4, 1983, Pat was united in marriage to Debra Eileen Higdon in Ottawa, Kansas.  For 28 years, Pat was a teacher and coach for West Elk High School in Howard, Kansas.  He was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Moline, Kansas.  Other memberships included the West Elk Booster Club and a charter member of the Knights of Columbus Council #14817.

Pat is survived by his wife, Debbie of Howard, Kansas; one son, Lucas Simmons of Howard, Kansas; two daughters, Tara Simmons of Topeka, Kansas and Heather Simmons of Lawrence, Kansas; four brothers, Vincent Simmons and his wife Fran of Garden City, Kansas, Joe Simmons and his wife Jean of Larned, Kansas, Jerome Simmons and his wife Robin of Olathe Kansas, and Kevin Simmons and his wife, Leann of Larned, Kansas; three sisters, Lavada Rowe and her husband Dale of Scranton, Kansas, Veronica Holloman and her husband Steve of Topeka, Kansas, and Monica Schneweis and her husband, Larry of Dodge City, Kansas.  He was preceded in death by his parents.

Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Moline, Kansas.  Rosary will be recited at 6:00 p.m. Monday, July 26, 2010 at the church with visitation to follow until 7:30 p.m.  Interment will be at Mt. Olivet Cemetery.  Family suggests memorial contributions be made to Patrick Simmons Children's Educational Fund and may be left with the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left for the family at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas 67349.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk