To the people on the right....

Started by Anmar, July 17, 2010, 04:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

Wilma, I didn't start this thread so nowhere did I ever say that I wasn't going to be judgemental and accusatory. I will be who I am and if no one likes it or me, I could care less! I've been nothing but honest and open on this forum with everyone. So, try again.
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Varmit

Okay...

First of all, since those of US that are on the "Right" are (in the opinion of some) "'lazy, ignorant, arrogant, idiots'" let me clairfy something about the "moderator" of this board...ITS NOT ME.  But hey! heres and idea (psssst...Anmar...this is mostly for you)  "how about taking 5 minutes out of your day to not look like a moron on a public forum."  You see, on the home page of the forum, if you'll look closely at the different category headings you'll see who is the moderator for that particular thread.  For example, W. Gray is the moderator for the "The Good Old Days" thread.

I was relieved of moderating this thread quite a while ago.  As for the "religious debate" on this thread I chose to put it here instead of on the Religious/Spritual board because I felt that was not the appropriate place...way too peaceful, and I didn't want to disturb that.  The way I see it is that if you don't want to be a part of it then don't read that particular thread.  I already told Teresa about and, so far, she hasn't said anything to me about it.

As for the "You're being judgmental" "Well, so are you" bit ok great.  We are ALL guilty at some point or another of being judgmental at times.  Name calling...some do some don't...snide remarks everyone makes.  

KSH, you make a damn good point!
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

frawin

Billy, very tactful and well said. Keep up your good posts. What is interesting about some of the posters arguments about Children and how to raise them is that some of those people never had children and have no idea what they are talking about. Being a teacher is not the same as being a parent. You have made some great points about handling children and their problems.

Mom70x7

Wilma,

I do believe you got your dander up. You go, girl!

;D   ;D   ;D   :angel:   :D   :D   :D

Wilma

Isn't it up to us oldies to keep you younguns under control?

Personally, I can't see what anyone gets out of calling someone else names and ridiculing them?  Especially if they don't know them or even know who they really are.  It seems to me that they might be standing on the corner proclaiming what kind of a person they themselves are and proclaiming it to the world, or to cyberspace anyway.

kshillbillys

That's a nice soapbox. Now come on down...

Diane Amberg

It seems to me that back in the one room school house days that some of you compliment from time to time, the teachers had to be single and couldn't have had children. Many many teachers and counselors and such today, both men and women are single and don't have children until later in their careers. Some teachers out there have "raised" younger brothers and sisters or other family members but have none of their own.  I'm trying not to read between the lines there, but....Have any of you ever demanded that your child's teacher be married with children?   Being a parent isn't the same as being a teacher either. Of course you teach your kids, teachers can't do their job without you, but you probably do it two or three at a time,  not 28 to 30.  both sides need to make an effort to understand each other How many times do I hear parents say they can't wait until school starts? and they have two! :D The teachers and parents need to be team to make things work. Don't like your school? Home school your kids.  I have said many times I don't care where the education comes from, just get it from somewhere. And yes, I most certainly do know what I'm talking about. I'll be who I am too.

Varmit

Diane I understand what you're saying about teachers and parents needing to work together.  However, thats not how it always was and isn't how it should be. 

Okay, that came out all kinds of wrong...let me explain.

Back in the "good ole days" a teachers job was to teach the basics, learn'en da kids they'er numbrs an' leeders.  Not teaching sex ed, or injecting viewpoints contary to the parents or community in the name of diversity and tolerance.  Nowadays, however, that seems to be the going trend (note the lower overall test scores when it comes to the basics). 

In short, it is not the teachers job to raise "their" children, that should be left up to the parents.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

kshillbillys

Diane, I'm sorry about reading too much into the post. Maybe it's the lack of my edyakashun. But who the hell ever said anything not liking the teacher and maybe we should be homeschooling (in this particular thread) besides you, reading too much into something, again? Don't read what you want and between the lines and more into the subject, just to change the thread topic and get everyone all out of whack...geez.

MR

Anmar

Off topic but,   

It was easier to raise kids back in the day I think.  You only needed one income to make things work for the most part.  Now, there's no parenting because they are both off working.  For many families today, you need 2 incomes.  Wages have seriously declined for the middle and lower class over the last 30 years.  Yet many of you continue to line up behind those responsible for this.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk