Obama Administration Protecting the Black Panthers

Started by kshillbillys, July 14, 2010, 04:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twirldoggy

Diane I was around in those days.  Huey Newton was shot by the police.  I remember those days as really extreme and as a young person who just wanted a normal life it seemed to me the last thing I wanted was polital confrontation. 

jarhead

Diane,
I have not a clue what you mean  when you say,"don't you dare take what I said and start creating conclusions " BUT---that's OK, you don't have to explain yourself. If I want to call myself ,Teresa and Sarge dummies I will do it and I don't need a scolding from you. Sometimes I think you forget you are not dealing with a room full of grade school children

W. Gray

BTK stands for bind, torture, kill. The BTK serial killer was active when I lived in the Wichita area in the 70s, but he struck until 1991, or so.

After around ten killings, he was caught in 2005 as a result of his eagerness to bait the police and his own incompetence with computers.

A CBS TV movie was released in 2005 and there have been two other lesser BTK movies.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

I still don't know what the BTK business is. You know perfectly well what I meant. I  mentioned the armed guys at a tea party and then I'm accused of protecting the Black Panthers and thinking the tea parties are racist. (As far as I know there was no law to keep the BP from carrying those batons either.) All this business about demanding to carry arms is fine with me. But it's gonna eventually turn around and bite somebody. You do know the "doctrine of unintended consequences?" ( Steve, I'd even add that one of four BP's who was there was actually a registered poll watcher who did indeed have a reason to be there.) But you guys aren't going to want to hear that because it doesn't advance how you decided want to feel.  In general, people who make big decisions on little sound bites really don't know very much. At this point it's all woulda, shoulda, coulda anyway.  I'm sorry I mentioned anything. I should have left you all in peaceful ignorance. I honestly thought you would want to know you were being "had" by political manipulators, race not withstanding. I reacted to Mrs. KS's rant. Never again.You all can stew in your own juices for all I care. You want to believe the crap that you are being fed part of the time, you are welcome to it. A few of you seem to thrive on negativity and want to believe every bad rumor or "news" story that becomes available. I won't stick my neck out again.   
  Jar, a room full of school kids are easier to deal with. except for trying to "undo" the misinformation they got on the streets. No, that garden cart didn't fly up on top of the garage on it's own, I don't care what your brother told you.  ;)
 Twirl, you remember well. Those days were very extreme and very scary part of the time.( Viet Nam was a big deal then too with all the pros and cons of that going on ) I think the reason Huey Newton was shot was because he killed a police officer in a big gunfight with the police. I'll have to look it up for details. I do know the BP showed up on the UD campus wanting to start a BP chapter there. I remember them outside the student center on a patio back there whooping it up on a bull horn. They didn't get much attention. As far as I remember it failed.
  Thanks Frank, I really didn't know about BTK and didn't see the movie. I'll have to watch for a repeat.

frawin

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 21, 2010, 12:52:56 PM

Thanks Frank, I really didn't know about BTK and didn't see the movie. I'll have to watch for a repeat.

Diane, don't get me in this and don't thank me, I didn't say a thing to you about BTK. Far be it for this dumb country boy from rural SE Kansas to try to tell you, a super smart Eastern girl anything.

Diane Amberg

Sorry Frank, I meant Waldo. Why cop an attitude with me? I haven't bothered you. And here we go again with the "dumb" comments. I can't help it if that's how you see yourself, but I've NEVER said it, nor do I feel that way. I really don't know why you put yourselves down. I do wish people would stop putting words in my mouth. Now someone will accuse me of calling Teresa and Sarge dummies because of what Jar said. I didn't do it!!!!!!

Wilma

Diane, BTK was a killer in the worst way.  He preyed on ladies who lived alone.  He would be waiting for them when they got home.  When we moved to Sedgwick County, the ladies where I worked were very concerned about this.  When they learned that I was arriving home alone to an empty house, they wanted to know what I would do if he were there when I got there.  I hadn't given it a thought until then.  My answer was that if my little dog didn't meet me at the door, I wouldn't go in.  If you really want to know more about this, I would suggest that you read the book.  I haven't read the book or seen the movie and I have no intention of doing either.  Just as I have no intention of ever reading "In Cold Blood" or seeing the movie.

Varmit

I still don't know what the BTK business is.

Kinda hard to believe since it was all over the news, local and national.

I  mentioned the armed guys at a tea party and then I'm accused of protecting the Black Panthers and thinking the tea parties are racist. (As far as I know there was no law to keep the BP from carrying those batons either.)

Maybe because you did by saying that, and I'm paraphrasing here, "they had every right to be there, they did nothing wrong."  Then you tried to equate what the BP did by comparing them to the Tea Parties.

But you guys aren't going to want to hear that because it doesn't advance how you decided want to feel.  In general, people who make big decisions on little sound bites really don't know very much. At this point it's all woulda, shoulda, coulda anyway. 

Thats right, because we weren't there and wouldn't know anything about that. Right?  Little sound bites??...Try federal law. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

W. Gray

BTK victims

January 15, 1974: Four members of the Otero family
    Joseph Otero
    Julie Otero, Joseph's wife
    Joseph Otero II, son
    Josephine Otero, daughter

April 4, 1974: Kathryn Bright (he also shot Bright's brother, Kevin, twice in the head, but he survived)

March 17, 1977: Shirley Vian (her 3 children, age 8, 6, and 4 years, were home but were locked in a bathroom by Rader and survived)

December 8, 1977: Nancy Fox

April 27, 1985: Marine Hedge

September 16, 1986: Vicki Wegerle

January 19, 1991: Dolores Davis
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

twirldoggy

BTK was president of his church group and had been a very active member for many years.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk