NICHOLS, Jimmie Rex "Jim" - b. January 23, 1932 - d. June 28, 2010

Started by Judy Harder, June 29, 2010, 10:07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

I learned today that Jim Nichols, of Oak Valley and Longton area has passed away.
Arrangements are being made now.............Rest in peace Jim. You are not suffering any more.
To the family..............you are loved, and you are not alone.
God bless and keep you
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

frawin

Jim graduated from Howard in the class of 1949. Jim always had a big smile and was always a pleasure to visit with. I knew he had not been well for sometime. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family.
Frank

Bonnie M.

Services for Jim will be at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, but I don't know any more than that.  

Bonnie

Bonnie M.

The Funeral will be at the High School gym, in Longton.  Saturday, at 11:00 a.m.
Bonnie

Jo McDonald

When the Nichols kids and we went to school at Mound Branch west of Howard, our families were very close friends.  Jimmie gave me my first ever Christmas gift from a boy.  It was a pink hair Barret.  I was thrilled!!!
 Sincere sympathy to the family.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

patyrn

Jimmie Rex "Jim" Nichols, age 78, a well-known rancher and farmer of the Longton/Elk City area, passed away Monday, June 28, 2010 at the Lakewood Senior Living Center in Wichita, Kansas.  Jim was born on January 23, 1932 in Howard, Kansas, the son of the late Clifford "Buck" and Lura (Shipman) Nichols.

Jim was a graduate of Howard High School.  On August 19, 1956 in Longton, Kansas, Jim married Sharon Foster.  Jim and Sharon were married for 53 years.  Sharon survives at her home in Wichita, Kansas.

Jim took great pride in his family and especially his grandchildren.  Jim enjoyed working with his cattle and farming.  He also was very active in the community.  He was a past president of the Board of Directors for the Longton United Methodist Church, 4-H member and leader for many years, a member of the Order of the Eastern Star, Elk County A.S.C.S., and a 27-year board member of the Elk Valley School System.  Jim was acting Postmaster of Longton for 2 years, managed the Longton Co-op for 17 years, and in his spare time, he enjoyed coaching and supporting the Longton Ball Association.

Jim is survived by his wife, Sharon Nichols of Wichita, Kansas; his sons, Joe Nichols and wife Licia of Longton, Kansas, Jimmie Nichols of Irving, Texas, and Chris Nichols and wife Tonya of Rose Hill, Kansas; his daughter, Penny Nichols of Wichita, Kansas; his sisters, Lori O'Dell of Howard, Kansas and Pat Riggs of Moline, Kansas; and six grandchildren, Caleb, Lydia, Dallis, Leevi, and Britney Nichols and Taylor St. John.  Jim was preceded in death by his parents and one sister, Colleen Rush.

Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. Saturday, July 3, 2010 at the Longton Elk Valley Gymnasium with burial to follow at the Longton Cemetery.  Visitation will be from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. Friday, July 2, 2010 at Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard, Kansas.  The family suggests memorials to the Longton Ball Association or to River Cross Hospice and may be left with the funeral home  Online condolences may be left for the family at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, P.O. Box 1233, Howard, Kansas  67349.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk