Supremes Say “Yes” To Guns

Started by frawin, June 28, 2010, 07:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

This is a great day for America.
Today the Supreme Court  ruled that the Second Amendment is an individual right. Justice Alito wrote in the majority opinion and concluded:

"The 14th Amendment incorporates the 2nd Amendment right... to keep and bear arms for the purpose of self-defense."

Read more: http://stossel.blogs.foxbusiness.com/2010/06/28/supremes-say-%e2%80%9cyes%e2%80%9d-to-guns/#ixzz0sCWVhQfU

Teresa

HUGE HUGE HUGE success for gun owners...  :)

McDonald v. Chicago - Majority Justices all agree that the 2d Amendment applies to state and local regulation.

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/09pdf/08-1521.pdf
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

Need to read the amount of VAST statute and history, our country went through to affirm today's ruling. Alito and Thomas just "refreshed" those who forgot.

The most explicit evidence of Congress' aim appears in 14 of the Freedmen's Bureau Act of 1866, which provided that "the right . . . to have full and equal benefit of all laws and proceedings concerning personal liberty, personal security, and the acquisition, enjoyment, and disposition of estate, real and personal, including the constitutional right to bear arms, shall be secured to and enjoyed by all the citizens . . . without respect to race or color, or previous condition of slavery." 14 Stat. 176–177 (emphasis added).22 Section 14 thus explicitly guaranteed that "all the citizens," black and white, would have "the constitutional right to bear arms."
The Civil Rights Act of 1866, 14 Stat. 27, which was considered at the same time as the Freedmen's Bureau Act, similarly sought to protect the right of all citizens to keep and bear arms.23

The Democrats back than tried to pick and choose, "which" Amendments applied to these folks or those,

Oh~~ by the way... it was Republicans that initiated this, as Southern Democrats, including the likes of Robert "KKK" Byrd 100 years later, now in the hereafter, who would have preferred those "damn (insert the N word), never got the right to have a gun..."

Just check Al Gore Sr.'s record....

So I am going to raise my glass in a toast tonight..  ;D
I read 14 pages of the decision, and will read the remaining 200 as time go's by,  I know Daley and Bloomberg will resist and put lots of road blocks to actually getting the firearm in your hands and home to protect yourself. But at least there is not a blanket NO, to owning and keeping in your home. Or pay the man on the side to get a permit.

Take out the trash Nov 2, 2010,.. Mark it and write it down. :police:
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

redcliffsw

The early KKK 1865-1877 and the Southern Democrats were OK. If those early acts provided for right to bear arms,
it was to enforce the arming of radical blacks.  But, the act does show that the right to bear arms was considered to
be an indiviual right in those days too.  At least they got that right even if the intent of the Act was a bad thing.

Yeah, Byrd was in the modern day KKK which is good for nothing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk