Told ya California would do it!

Started by srkruzich, June 23, 2010, 08:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Had no intention of butting in here but Steve an Varmit have missed a whole part of the meth thing, and we did have one lab busted yesterday. It was in a single story house and was raided by police and did not burn BUT most of the meth labs here are in apartment buildings. It blows and sets the building on fire, the other residents and the fire fighters are in jeopardy and the lab's owner will not walk. The apt's owner of record is arrested

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 09, 2010, 01:35:11 PM
I blows and sets the building on fire, the other residents and the fire fighters are in jeopardy and the lab's owner will not walk. The apt's owner of record is arrested

Why would the apt owner be arrested??  You cannot be held responsible for someone elses actions.  It would take a whole lot of evidence that the apt owner knew about it and did nothing. 

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

Sorry, I misstated what meant.The renter of the apartment on record, the person or persons who signed the lease is/are arrested. They can't pretend they didn't know if they illegally sublet to someone else, as some do around here.The building or complex owner can also be arrested if it is shown they knew and looked the other way. Usually that happens when they are being supplied by the person who has the lab.  Cute, huh? Even if they sublet legally it can get very complicated because the students often leave who knows what in the Apt. building storage rooms for after they come back from summer. The subleter might be held responsible if they had access to the space.That's how lawyers keep busy! ;DIt really can get complicated and dangerous.

Varmit

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 09, 2010, 01:35:11 PM
  It was in a single story house and was raided by police and did not burn BUT most of the meth labs here are in apartment buildings. It blows and sets the building on fire, the other residents and the fire fighters are in jeopardy and the lab's owner will not walk. The apt's owner of record is arrested

Diane, I just can't find any pity for the other residents.  Its not like a meth lab can be kept secret.  You can smell them a mile away.  If the other residents allowed this in their complex then it is on them.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Yes, unfortunately I do know what a meth lab smells like. But the one I was near, you could NOT  smell it outside the Apt., don't know why. Inside the door, no question. I'm afraid to ask how you would know anything about it. But I'm sure lightning will strike me again if I say any more and I'll once more be misunderstood so I'll shut up..

Varmit

Diane, yes I know what meth smells like, no I have never used it.  I understand your question, know it wasn't personal, so don't worry about the lightning.  I have lived in some pretty "shady" areas before.  And there is no mistaking that odor. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

srkruzich

The one major component of meth is ether.  That smell is unmistakeable.   That is why the crap blows up like it does, along with the fact that one of the final processes involves a tremendous amount of heat generated by the reactant chemicals.  If they survive that, then the ether process is used to purify the compound.

Varmit

Srkruzich, I have to disagree, the biggest component of meth is NOT ether.  It is a well documented fact that the biggest component of meth is "dumbass"...meth cannot be made without some dumbass doing it.

srkruzich

Quote from: Varmit on July 10, 2010, 07:17:15 AM
Srkruzich, I have to disagree, the biggest component of meth is NOT ether.  It is a well documented fact that the biggest component of meth is "dumbass"...meth cannot be made without some dumbass doing it.
Dumbass is a terminal condition.  Darwin called it survival of the species, and the dumbass's are on the low end of the genepool. 

Diane Amberg

There are many kinds of meth, made with a huge choice of ingredients. Here the common one is crystal, usually made with phosphorus which can overheat and go off with quite a blast. That's part of the danger, they put together this mishmash of stuff and very little in the way of controls. Since any dope can do it, the dopes usually do. Its wonder more don't go boom than do.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk