PFREHM, Susanna Caroline (Webb) "Susie" - b. October 3, 1880 - d. Feb. 12, 1983

Started by ddurbin, October 26, 2006, 06:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddurbin

Susanna Caroline "Susie" (Webb) (Turner) Pfrehm passed away Saturday, February 12, 1983 at the Sedan City Hospital.  She was 102 years of age.  Susie, as she was called by her friends, was born on October 3, 1880 on a farm west of Moline, Kansas, to James and Rhodina (Baker) Webb.

She attended rural schools in the Old Boston and Moline area of Elk County.  In 1899, she united in marriage with Herbert E. Turner at Moline, and they made their home near Elk Falls, Kansas for the first years of their marriage.  In the early 1920s, Mr. Turner became the Treasurer of Elk County, and Susie served as Deputy Treasurer during that time.  He preceded her in death in 1949.

In November of 1955, she united in marriage with Edward Pfrehm at Moline, Kansas, and they lived in the Moline and Howard area until his death in 1980.  She was a homemaker who lived her entire life in Elk County.  Susie was very active in the United Methodist Church of which she was a member at Howard, Kansas.  She was also a member of the Rebekah Lodge #154 at Howard.

She is survived by two daughters, Mrs. Ramona Blizard of Howard, Kansas and Mrs. Ruth Bender of Northridge, California; three grandchildren, five great-grandchildren, and one great-great-grandchild.  She was preceded in death by her parents, two sisters, three brothers, a son, Joe, and her husbands.

Funeral services were held at 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, February 15, 1983, in the Zimmerman Funeral Home with Rev. Paul Lynn of the Howard United Methodist Church officiating.  Mrs. Louise Morgan sang "Beyond The Sunset" and "How Great Thou Art" with Mrs. Robin Smith as the organist.  The casket bearers were David Magers, Lyman Snodderley, Albert Bantz, William Gragg, Lloyd Zimmerman and Herbert Spurrier.  Interment was held in the Moline Cemetery at Moline, Kansas.  A memorial has been established with the Howard Twilight Manor Nursing Home.  Arrangements were made with the Zimmerman Funeral Home of Howard.

(published in the Moline Advance 2/17/1983)

Roma Jean Turner

Thank you so much for posting this.  This clears up some confusion for me.  I have seen in the, I believe, Friendly Neighbor sections of the Moline Advance, in the 1940's reference to the Pfrem's and Durbin's.  That would be Mr Pfrem and his first wife.  This helps me with my time line.

ddurbin

from THE MOLINE REVIEW   Dec. 29, 1899

MARRIED

Thursday afternoon, Miss Susie Webb to Bert Turner.

These young people are well known in Moline, having spent most of their lives here.  Miss Webb is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. J. J. Webb, and has a host of friends in Moline.  Mr. Turner is assistant cashier and bookkeeper of the Moline State Bank, a position which he fills with credit to himself and to the satisfaction of the bank officials.

THE REVIEW extends sincerest wishes for their future happiness.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk