Obama Issues Executive Order Mandating "Lifestyle Behavior Modification"

Started by Varmit, June 14, 2010, 07:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 15, 2010, 12:51:12 PM
Uh, Steve, I don't have "withholding." I file 1040 ES. quarterly. I have to try to guess how much I"ll have coming in between pensions investment interest, SS and new income. I try to make it so I'm not loaning the Gov't anymore than I have to, but don't underpay either so I don't pay a penalty. This year I didn't quite make as much as last year but I had paid the same ES so I got a small refund from the Fed and owed a bit to Delaware. I most certainly did pay taxes! Gimme my vote! What has all this got to do with Lifestyle Behavior anyway!?
If you are trying to say that if you got back a refund equal to everything you paid in, you didn't pay any taxes ,then you aren't making yourself clear.

Well you know that is not the norm for people.  Secondly, lets say you did get a refund but ended up not getting all the witholing back.  Still there isn't enough tax paid there to warrant a vote.  Remember i said everyone gets a vote.  Then for every 5,000 in taxes paid, you get another vote.  Now there is no way one can pay 5,000 in income tax, on 40k Its just no going to happen.  The income bracket is too low for that.  15% if i remember right. So 15% of the adjusted gross income which 40k would be adjusted down based on number of deductions, there is no way possible to pay 5000 in tax.  you don't start paying that kind of money til you make around 70k a year, as it jumps to 20%.  When you hit 100k a year it jumps to 35% and over 250k they nail you at the rate of 39% fed tax.  Realistically 100k-250k is paying somewhere in the neighborhood of 55% fed tax when they hit you with the AMT tax. 

Any rate, 50% of this country doesn't pay tax. 44% of half the country pays 50% tax, and 6% of the country pays over 50% of the tax. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: pamagain on June 15, 2010, 10:53:55 AM
so Steve...........you pay taxes or do you suck it out of other peoples pockets? hmm?

I don't really care.........I just dislike your attitude and from what I've read the last couple years here and there smacks of hypocrisy.

I sure do.  33%.  and i don't get a refund either.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 15, 2010, 12:51:12 PM
What has all this got to do with Lifestyle Behavior anyway!?

Because anmar smarted off and said he had the right to dictate what i do or don't do because he's a taxpayer.  Even if he or anyone else paid taxes, they have no right to dictate squat to me.  I will do as i please and most americans will do as they please. 

You know places are slapping a sugar tax on people.  I don't pay a sugar tax.  Won't pay one either.  They can kiss my butt on that one.  I still eat sweets. 

Diane Amberg

I have a very strange picture in my mind right now ;D ;D ;D  Frankly, the sugar tax thing has fallen off my radar. What is going on with that? Last I heard it was for sugar sweetened sodas. Is it for other stuff too? Like bags of sugar? Besides ,you have honey, what do you need "sweets" for? 

Anmar

Quote from: srkruzich on June 15, 2010, 01:35:01 PM
Because anmar smarted off and said he had the right to dictate what i do or don't do because he's a taxpayer.  Even if he or anyone else paid taxes, they have no right to dictate squat to me.  I will do as i please and most americans will do as they please. 

You know places are slapping a sugar tax on people.  I don't pay a sugar tax.  Won't pay one either.  They can kiss my butt on that one.  I still eat sweets. 

Thats not what i said, but i can't blame you after reading your response to jerry's post.  Its evident that you don't read well.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

twirldoggy

Another thought:  who will do lifestyle behavior modification on the behavior modifiers ? ;D

Diane Amberg

Whoever taught the course in the first place? Ha!...good question!!! Ya better be perfect. ;)

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 15, 2010, 03:27:29 PM
I have a very strange picture in my mind right now ;D ;D ;D  Frankly, the sugar tax thing has fallen off my radar. What is going on with that? Last I heard it was for sugar sweetened sodas. Is it for other stuff too? Like bags of sugar? Besides ,you have honey, what do you need "sweets" for? 

THey are taxing sugar, and sugar substitutes.   The reasoning is that sugar is bad for us, but come on now, sugar substitutes don't make one overweight.  The real reason is they found a new way to  suck money out of peoples pockets.   

srkruzich

Quote from: twirldoggy on June 16, 2010, 07:21:43 AM
Another thought:  who will do lifestyle behavior modification on the behavior modifiers ? ;D

LOL really, whoever is in charge had better be 4% body fat, and nothing but lean muscle.

Diane Amberg

This sugar tax thing must be very inconsistent, I just read that sugar substitutes in zero or one calorie carbonated diet drinks won't be taxed. It was only talking about drinks, no other "foods." Not sure where that leaves crystal light and some of those.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk