I AM A BAD AMERICAN

Started by Judy Harder, June 16, 2010, 06:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

Jerry, I wish you would crawl back under your rock.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Diane Amberg

I just did it to annoy you, Jane, one of my greatest pleasures in life. I paid my dues just like you did.  (Like I care...that's just sarcasm. Sheesh!)  :P  I'm just not sure he said what he meant to say. The rest was fine and I agree. I didn't know I had to presend my comments for a committee to review. Read that second line again and think for yourself.

Jo McDonald

Diane..........why do you feel you have to critique every post on this forum?   Jeeper sticks ~~~~~take a break!!

Diane Amberg

There are dozens a day I don't touch. I like the political banter. I was away several days last week and stayed off altogether, but I had some extra time over the last couple of days so I joined in. As of tomorrow I'm busy again so I wouldn't have been on anyway.
I don't know why some of you are so intolerant of me. Everybody has different personalities and quirks. I put up other people's all the time. (Don't worry Jane, I won't spill any family secrets nor will I ask your opinion about anything.)) My wishing someone a happy birthday is wrong? Sending a prayer is wrong? Welcoming a new person, well I guess the way some of you see it ,it is wrong. No More.    I don't know why some feel it necessary to repost a lot of what I say so you have to read it again,(which does make it look like a lot,) then THEY "critique" what I wrote line by line. I make comments, but I've never done that to anybody. But I guess that's alright some how. I've even gotten some PM's asking me why I put up with such rudeness to me. There are people on here who think I am just fine..." a breath of fresh air", but since they live there they can't afford to be...well you know.
So, I'll go.  I just yesterday sent a little check to the city of Howard again for your fire works. Hope you enjoy them.

greatguns

God forbidif you are not part of the flock!

Jo McDonald

We all write checks to the firework's fund, Diane, because all of us do enjoy and appreciate the work put forth by our volunteer firemen.
It is a very beautiful display and a fun time.

Anmar

don't forget, you shop at walmart, where everything is made in china.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Catwoman

Well, I used to live down in Elk County for a fair stretch of time...And I happen to know not everyone writes checks out to help fund the fireworks...But they show up all the same and enjoy the fruits of everyone else's labors.  It amazes me that someone who isn't there would go to the trouble to be of assistance when they have absolutely nothing to gain personally.  Regardless of whatever view you hold...Thank you, Diane, for being willing to help fund something that gives the kids of Elk County such joy.

Jo McDonald

My apologizes, Diane,  Thanks for the donation to our Fireman's fireworks fund.
that is generous of you.

Varmit

Ok...this is really going to hurt...but I'm gonna say it anyway.

Usually I don't agree with Diane, and quite often what she says irritates me to no end, however, she has just as much right to post her thoughts on a thread as anyone else.  If you don't like what she or others say then don't read them.  Jane, no one asked for YOUR opinion (or anyone elses) either.  Thats the great thing about an open forum like this one, we can all add our two cents or not.

Instead of bashing her for her opinion, you might try explaining what the author meant.

Diane, thanks for the donations.

Cat, get off your high horse with the "not everyone pays but everyone watches" BS.  Do I make a donation to the firework fund??...Hell NO!  I work to damn hard for my money to blow it up!
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk