MOORE, Wilda May (Boles) - b. January 12, 1921 - d. October 18, 2006

Started by Janet Harrington, October 22, 2006, 06:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

(Taken from the Independence Daily Reporter, Sunday, October 22, 2006)

Wilda May Moore, 85, of rural Severy, died Wednesday at the Greenwood County Hospital in Eureka.
  Funeral services will be at 1:30 p.m. Monday at the Severy Baptist Church with Pastor Tony Pameticky officiating.  Casket bearers will be Raymond Ash, Bud Harper, Eldon McGinnias, Ryan Moore, Shay Roberts and Bret Wichert.
  Friends may visit from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. today at Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard.
  Memorials are suggested to Severy Baptist Church and Howard Twilight Manor Activity Fund, and donations may be left with the funeral home.
  Mrs. Moore was born Jan. 12, 1921 near Fall River, the daughter of Harry Eslan and Ella Mae (Holliday) Boles.  She graduated from Fall River High School in 1939.
  She married Merle Alvin Moore on May 17, 1942 at Iola.  As a young woman, she taught at several rural schools in Elk and Greenwood counties.  Mr. Moore died in 1997.
  She had been a resident of the Howard Twilight Manor Nursing Home for the past four years.
  She was a member of the Severy Baptist Church.  She was also a member of the Pleasant Plain Extension Home Unit until it disbanded, and a longtime member of the Severy Outlook Club.
  Mrs. Moore is survived by three sons, Calvin Moore, Grove, Okla., Vernon Moore, San Antonio, Texas, and Tim Moore, Severy; five grandchildren, two stepgrandchildren, nine great-grandchildren and three stepgreat-grandchildren.

Wilma

Thank you, Janet.  This sure beats waiting for the weekly paper to get here.  She was a lot older than I thought she was.

Janet Harrington

Your are welcome, my Mother.  I didn't know she was a Boles.  She had to have been the sister to the Boles that was a county commissioner and had also been county clerk.  Mr. Boles was married to Flora Boles and the Boles are some relation to Uncle Pat through Aunt Melba.  I can't remember how now and I can't remember Mr. Boles first name. 

Wilma

I think Mr. Boles name was Dean.  Aunt Melba's brother, Frances, married their daughter.  I don't know her name.

Janet Harrington

(Taken from the Flint Hills Express, Oct. 25, 2006, page 4)

Wilda May Moore died on Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2006 at the Greenwood County Hospital in Eureka.  She was 85 years of age and a long time resident of rural Severy.  Wilda was born on January 12, 1921 on the family farm southwest of Fall River to Harry Eslan and Ella Mae (Holliday) Boles.  She attended Rural School District #66 southwest of Fall River and graduated from Fall River High School in 1939.
  On May 17, 1941, she married Merle Alvin Moore at Iola and to this union were born three sons, Calvin, Vernon and Tim.  As a young woman, Wilda taught at several rural schools in Elk and Greenwood counties.  She was a loving wife and mother, and devoted her life to caring for her family.  Wilda loved to cook and enjoyed spending time in her garden.
  She was preceded in death by her husband on Sept. 28, 1997.
  Wilda had been a resident of the Howard Twilight Manor nursing Home during the past four years.
  Wilda was a faithful member of the Severy Baptist Church.  She was also a member of the Pleasant Plain Extension Home Unit until it disbanded, and was a longtime member of the SEvery Outlook Club.
  She is survived by her sons, Calvin and his wife Jeanene of Grove, Okla., Vernon and his wife Patty of San Antonio, Texas and Tim and his wife Marcia of Severy; five grandchildren, Stephanie Wichert, Renny Moore and Ryan Moore, all of Colorado Springs, Colo., Misty Jones of San Antonio, Texas and Rebekah Inmon of Schertz, Texas; two step-grandchildren, Melanie Foster and Shay Roberts, both of Wichita; nine great-grandchildren, Taylor, Kyle, Drew, Coline, Aidan, Devynn, Hayden, Colton and Kylie and three step-great-grandchidlren, Zoe, Gage and Austin.
  She was preceded in death by her husband, her parents, a brother Dean Boles and her twin sister Wilma Fay McGinnis.
  Funeral services were held on Monday, oct. 23, at the Severy Baptist Church with Pastor Tony Pameticky officiating.  The casket bearers were Raymond Ash, Bud Harper, Eldon McGinnis, Rayn Moore, Shay Roberts and Bret Wichert.
  Memorials have been established with the Severy Baptist Church and the Howard Twilight Manor Activity Fund.  Contributions may be left with the funeral home.  The funeral arrangements are being made with the Zimmerman Funeral Home of Howard.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk