Obama Issues Executive Order Mandating "Lifestyle Behavior Modification"

Started by Varmit, June 14, 2010, 07:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Thanks Twirl!  I do know one girl who does hypnosis for stopping smoking etc. Maybe the Pres. will have us all hypnotized so we give up our bad habits? ;D 
Steve, my point to you was that many people don't have good sense, that's why we have to have laws. Why would you ever consider deliberately breaking laws until you know why they were made? I agree many are really questionable, especially very old ones, but certainly not all.
  Atlanta? That's one city government's stupidity, but that doesn't excuse anyone else, nor does it prove everyone else does it.  Can you? Why should someone be able to dump the sewage from their travel trailer into your lake just because they aren't about to let someone tell them they can't?  Here, in the ocean, sometimes the beaches have to be closed because the coliform bacteria levels get too high to go in the water. It's not your choice, a closed area is a closed area period. You may not like it, but you aren't going in.  Same thing with high water road markers after storms. You know how many people put others at risk because they're stupid and stubborn and drive in anyway?? I know that's not what you meant, but it seems to keep the same company.  
As Jerry said, there have been Presidential councils on many health issues for many administrations back. Remember the one on physical fitness in schools? This probably isn't anything new Why stir up trouble until we really know what it's about?
  And Red you are being your usual predictable self, if you can't debate the issue, ridicule Diane.  You know perfectly well that calling me anything but a moderate independent it a lie, but you keep restating the same lie over and over and over. Just because I don't always agree with you doesn't make me pro Gov't. I'm not against everything the Gov't, does but that doesn't mean you can put me in the "Always Pro Gov't" camp either. It means I dig more and get more information and don't jump on the first bandwagon that passes by.  How did I get so smart? By trying, that's how! By learning how to observe, weigh information, read everybody, not just one group and by evaluating the pros and cons of issues. Do I ever make you think? I hope so. There is an awful lot of questionable information out there, much based on bad information, innuendo and twisted logic.  You can easily get tripped up by bad information. Even some I have found have replaced a comma with a period and completely changed the meaning by leaving out the rest. Some other time I'll tell you the one I discovered about the early militias and who did and did not own their own weapons and why.

twirldoggy

LOL Diane.  I am certified in hypnosis.  Maybe Obama will pay me to do it. 

Diane Amberg

Anmar

A lot of people out there in Elk county have their health care subsidized by the government one way or another.  In that regard, your bad habits do affect  us all.  I think if you all don't want the government to step into your lives, then you should stop taking the governments' money.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

srkruzich

Quote from: Anmar on June 14, 2010, 07:57:42 PM
A lot of people out there in Elk county have their health care subsidized by the government one way or another.  In that regard, your bad habits do affect  us all.  I think if you all don't want the government to step into your lives, then you should stop taking the governments' money.

that would depend on how much the check was you wrote to the IRS on april 15.  IF you didn't write one then you didn't pay taxes.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

pamagain

Quote from: srkruzich on June 14, 2010, 08:18:55 PM
that would depend on how much the check was you wrote to the IRS on april 15.  IF you didn't write one then you didn't pay taxes.

Then why is there a BIG chunk of money gone every payday for FEDERAL taxes that I don't get back?? Good God dude.........

twirldoggy

Jerry, I would like to hear more about Reagan's plan for working on mental disabilities. 

Diane Amberg

Steve, I didn't need to write a check on April 15, but that doesn't mean I didn't pay taxes....lots of taxes.

srkruzich

Quote from: pamagain on June 14, 2010, 10:12:29 PM
Then why is there a BIG chunk of money gone every payday for FEDERAL taxes that I don't get back?? Good God dude.........

You dont' get a refund at all? THen you pay taxes. But if you get any kind of refund check, then you don't pay taxes.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk