Hello, Roma Jean

Started by flo, June 11, 2010, 11:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

I'm working today. (Well, I'm at the flower shop anyhow).  A woman comes in to see Joanna, who isn't here this morning.  This lady said she kept up with Joanna through "the forum and facebook" - Well, being the nosey person I am, I ask her name and Wa-laa, it's Roma Jean. So I say, "Hi, I'm Flo" and of course she knew immediately and I got my hug for the day.  What a delightful and friendly lady.  Believe she and I could sit down and talk for hours.  Nice to meet you in person, Roma Jean.  That's two forumite's I've met this week.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Clubine Ranch

I introduced myself to Roma Jean at the funeral yesterday.  Nice to get to know one another. Barbara

Jo McDonald

She is a delightful little gal, that is for sure.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Roma Jean Turner

Thanks for the kind words. I so look forward to getting moved back to Elk Co in the coming months.  Then we can all sit down and talk for hours.  Hey, I love to play Mexican Train Domino's.  Party at Roma's.

debid

We can play Mexican train at the Donut shop. 

Roma Jean Turner

Great Debbie....Party at the Donut Shop.   Staying over at the house in Moline tonight and getting a massage from Teresa in the morning and then back to Springfield.  Boy, do I have a lot of work to do to get this move done.  I look forward to having it done.

Janet Harrington

I think that Roma Jean is going to be a great asset to our little community.  Welcome home, Roma  Jean.

Ole Granny

Which house did you buy?  i was in Moline yesterday.  Enjoyed a peaceful relaxing day with sister and her husband.  Good food and new memories.  Practiced some kayaking in the lake.  Hardest part was getting this old body in and out of the vessel.  Sat on the dock letting the perch nibble on our toes. Rhonda and Ken did a few fireworoks.   Watched a little Bonanza with John during the storm.  The storm was was a little scary. 
Driving around Moline, noticed the Brogan house or long ago, it was the Lewis house, had been demolished.  What a sad and empty feeling.  :( :( :(  So many memories.  Enough space there now for a North End Park.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Roma Jean Turner

Sorry I didn't get you called Ole Granny.  I don't know if you know that Jack Durbin passed away and he was my oldest neice's father.  We had been talking about me moving in there for awhile, expecting Jack to go in a nursing home.  As it turns out he went in the nursing home on a Thursday and died that Sunday.  I came down and did the graveside service for him on last Thursday.  There was a very good turn out for that and I know the family really appreciated everyone's coming by.  Anyway, I'm not buying it, but will be living in it.  Getting moved totally will be a process.  We are all excited about working on the house and spending time there.  I still have to sell my house and pack up all my things.  What a job.  Good thing we don't have to be in a big hurry about getting it all done.  It is a family project.  I feel so blessed to be a part of the family.  Dana said, "they've had you down there long enough, it's our turn now."  It is wonderful for me.  I already feel at home there and meet new people everytime I go.  I do look forward to being a part of the community and meeting everyone not just in town, but in the county.

Roma Jean Turner

Thank you Janet.  I look forward to meeting you.   I am official enough to have a PO Box already.  Number 55.  I may even send myself something to open for my next trip down. :laugh: :laugh:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk