BEATY, Treva Aline (Cummins) - b. February 22, 1925 - d. June 6, 2010

Started by frawin, June 09, 2010, 10:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Treva Aline (Cummins) Beaty, beloved mother, passed away Sunday, June 6, 2010 at Regency House in San Angelo, Texas.  Treva was born on February 22, 1925 in rural Howard, Kansas, the daughter of Arthur W. and Margarette (Corbin) Cummins.  

Treva attended 1st through 7th grade at Mary Belle School in rural Elk County and attended 8th through 12th grade and graduated from Howard High School in 1943.  After graduation, Treva moved to Wichita, Kansas with her sister, Wanda, where they both drove a city bus.  She later moved to Winfield, Kansas where she earned her nursing degree and worked in private duty care.  On September 1, 1946, Treva married Herald Edmond Beaty at the First Christian Church in Howard, Kansas.

Treva and Herald had two children, Diana Kay and William Timothy.  Treva worked for a couple of doctors' offices before she and her family moved to Texas.   In 1975, Treva started working for Midland Memorial Hospital in the Labor and Delivery Department until her retirement. She volunteered at the Community Children's Clinic for several years and was a member of their Governing Board. She was also an active member of the Christian Church of Midland, Texas.

Treva is survived by her daughter, Diana and husband Cary Moss of San Angelo, Texas; her son, Tim and wife Nancy Beaty of Chesapeake, Virginia; nine grandchildre; and fourteen great-grandchildren.  She was preceded in death by her husband; her sister and husband, Wanda and Butch Dilli; and her sister-in-law, Carmalita Beaty.

Funeral services will be held Friday, June 11, 2010 at 11:00 a.m. at Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard, Kansas.  Burial will follow at Grace Lawn Cemetery. Visitation will be Thursday June 10, 2010 from 4-7 pm at the funeral home. The family suggests memorials to Community Children's Ministry,  P.O. Box 3328, Midland, TX 79702, and may be left with the funeral home. Onsline condolences may be sent to: www.countrysidefh.com. Services entrusted to Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, P.O. Box 1233 Howard, Kansas 67349 .

frawin

Treva lived in Midland Texas when we did and we really enjoyed visits with her and Harold. Our thoughts and prayers are with Diana and Tim and their families.
Frank and Myrna Winn

patyrn

Thanks for posting this, Frank.  I had visited with Ricky Dilli in Howard last week, and he said Treva was not doing well.  I appreciate when others find out information that we can all share and communicate with the area citizens who would be interested.  

Karen I.

frawin

Karen, I hesitated posting this for awhile, you do such a great job at it and have all along. I finally decided that you might be travelling or tied up with something and wasn'r aware of it. You are appreciated.
Frank

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk