Anderson reunion

Started by larryJ, June 06, 2010, 05:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

Still cleaning out old boxes of things and found this.  I thought it might be interesting to some of you.

From the Howard Courant         July 21, 1966

Anderson Reunion

The Anderson reunion and picnic was held Sunday at the Fair building, honoring the families of Hezikiah and Susan Anderson.  The families started gathering around 10:00 AM until 1:00 PM.  All arrived with overflowing baskets of chicken, salads, pies, cakes, etc.  Plenty of tea, lemonade and ice water were in evidence.

We were all so full no one felt like eating for another year, and as Ken Wisner said in his letter, "Guess that's how it became an annual affair."

Don Vice was master of ceremonies for a musical program.  A tap dance was presented by Linda Vice, daughter of Don and Shirley.  "Minnie Pearl" came on stage to welcome each one accompanied by Helen Wegand at the piano.  Herb Vice at the drums and Don Vice with his uke entertained and the group sang a number of old time favorites.  Letters were read from those who could not make it this year.  The youngest member present was David Dilli, 11 months, and the oldest present was Bertie Wisner.  Mr. and Mrs. Charles Vice and children came by plane from Owatonna, Minnesota, being the farthest away.  Olive Vice had been blessed with the most grandchildren, 16.  Bertie Wisner had the most great grandchildren, two.  The couple having married the longest was Myrtle and Bert Bennett, 43 years, and most recently married was Wilbur and Juanita McKirahan, 1 1/2 years.  Jean Gray was elected president for the coming year.

Those attending were Mr. and Mrs. Bert Bennett, Mr. and Mrs. Bill Bennett and Tammy, Mrs. Raymond Henderson, Mr. and Mrs. Waldo Gray and John, Howard, Mr. and Mrs. Santford D. Anderson, Mr. and Mrs. Donald Anderson, Linda and Vicki, Mr. and Mrs. Marion Friesen, Laurie and Sherrie, Wichita;  Mr. and Mrs. Willard Morris, Don, Bub, and Gayle, Winfield; Mr. and Mrs. Larry Dilli and David, Pittsburg; Mr. and Mrs. Billie Rex Anderson and Ruth, Ashland;  Mr. and Mrs. Eddie Alderson,, Newton; Mr. and Mrs. Carl Hubbell and Carolyn, Mrs. Estil E. DeWitt, Eldon, Donnie and Sherrell, Howard; Mr. and Mrs. Ben Clubine, Edwin, Marsha and Calvin, Moline; Ruby Hebb, Mr. and Mrs. Fritz Wegand, Mr. and Mrs. Allen Forsyth, Ken and Charles, Howard; Mr. and Mrs. Fred Dexter, Abilene;  Mr. and Mrs. Wilbur McKirahan, Wichita; Mr. and Mrs. Charles Vice, Christine and Gary, Owatonna, Minnesota;  Martha Ellen Lees, Seymour, Iowa; Mildred Jane Vice, Maxine Graham, Kansas City, Missouri;  Mr. and Mrs. Herbert E. Vice, Gene Bobby and Sandra, Topeka; Mr. and Mrs. Don Vice, Greg, David, Diane, Linda and Vickie.  Mrs. Olive Vice, Wichita; Bertie Wisner, Howard.

The picnic and reunion was enjoyed by all.  Some had so far to go they left early, but others got to swim in our wonderful pool.  Those remaining, about 35, all gathered in the Waldo Gray's backyard, for eating, singing and talking over the wonderful day.  They left with "See You Next Year, and with the hope to continue this reunion every year.----reporter.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Larryj

HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Mom70x7

QuoteMartha Ellen Lees, Seymour, Iowa

Larry - Martha (now called Marty) is the sister just older than I am. Of all of us girls, she was the one most entranced with Howard and Grandma Bertie. Marty now lives in Denver. She hosted the reunion of all of us kids last June.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk