Moon Rocks

Started by W. Gray, June 02, 2010, 09:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

When politicians leave office, they often take things with them that do not belong to them. Outgoing presidents of both parties have long been famous for leaving with things that belong to the people. I seem to recall the Clintons made off with a number of items of White House furniture.

Now comes the revelation that an ex-governor of Colorado took moon rocks with him when he left office. Two sets of moon rocks (actually probably fragments) were presented to the people of Colorado in 1974 when he was governor. (Kansas also received two sets)

Both Colorado moon rock sets eventually disappeared.

One set was recently found in storage at the Colorado history museum prompting a search for the second one. That set was found yesterday in the elderly ex-governor's home office on the west slope of the Rocky Mountains.

The ex-governor made the statement, "I didn't even know it was anything to have,"..."It's just memories of old stuff I had."

I think he was having a Sarah Ferguson moment.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk