Remodelling

Started by Joanna, October 23, 2006, 10:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanna

We are gearing up for our move, and the one of the first things on my agenda will be carpeting.  Do any of you know some places that I should start my search?  Finding carpet isn't so hard, but someone to install it is very important~ I have tried it before, it's certainly not something I consider a 'do-it-yourself' job.

Any direction will be appreciated.  And I will not listen to anyone who tries to tell me how 'wonderful' original hardwood floors are, so don't even try!  Ha! Ha!

Wilma

When I was getting ready to move and wanted new carpet, I went to Star Lumber for the carpet and used their crew to install it.  Might be, wherever you get the carpet has a crew or knows of someone.  My handyman didn't know of anyone around here and he doesn't lay carpet.

Janet Harrington

Derailed Commodity in Independence has sub contractors that they get to install carpet.  I'm not sure that Wood's Lumber in Independence does carpet or not.

The Star Lumber people are in Wichita.  You might have Marty ask at Fredonia and see if there is anything there.

Greg Girard at Moline does carpet work and does a good job I understand.  It's hard to find a carpet layer here as no one wants to do it for some reason.

Joanna

Thanks Janet.  You gave me some good ideas.

If you'd ever TRIED to lay carpet yourself, you'd KNOW why no one wants to do it.  Marty and I were both sore for a week when we tried and that was several birthdays back...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk