Basketball

Started by Wilma, May 30, 2010, 01:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

patyrn

Big Night in LA tonight!!!!!  Keep up the momentum, Celtics!!!!

Wilma

This will be the night.  Onward, Lakers!

Diane Amberg

Ok, I'll be for the Lakers in the first half and the Celtics ( even thought they pronounce it wrong. ;D) in the second half. Is that moderate enough? :angel:

patyrn

Thursday night will tell it all for the NBA..........................

Janet Harrington

Mother, I can't believe that you are rooting for the Lakers.  With my own Paul Pierce playing for the Celtics.  A little KU boy.  No, no, no.  Not the Lakers.  Celtics all the way.

Wilma

That was just to help Larry.  He couldn't do it all on his own, but what really helped was when Diane threw in with us.

larryJ

Ladies, your support is certainly appreciated.  I have been restraining----------------------no, biting my tongue-------------no, trying to be nice, until the last game is played.  You have to remember as my wife and I discussed last night-------the money.

Staples Center has 18000+ seats.  The average cheap seat goes for about $100.  The premium seats goes for a whole lot more.  Just the ticket sales alone could top $3 million.  Then there are the concessions.  How many of these people are going to buy something, say, at about an average of $20 to $30 a visit?  Television pays a ton of money to broadcast these games.  AND, then there's the ads.  While not as expensive as the Super Bowl ads, they are still pretty expensive. 

So, it behooves the owners of both teams to drag this out to the entire seven games.  And, I am fairly sure that some of those star players who can and do score 20 or 30 points each game, all of a sudden can't make a shot.  Do you think the owners/shareholders might be telling the coaches how to play or not play the game?  Do I sound a little disgruntled?  Nah, but you have to look at the facts.  Still, watching is still a great time.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

For sure, Lakers it is! Rah!   :D

Janet Harrington

You know, Larry, I have always thought the owners wanted all 7 games played.  It makes one wonder, just like you said, when good players can't seem to make any shots and play like the Celtics played Tuesday.  They were really bad and seemed to be just going all over the place like they couldn't control themselves.  I didn't watch the entire game, just the second half, but I have seen high school boys play better then the Celtics did Tuesday night.  LOL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk