Basketball

Started by Wilma, May 30, 2010, 01:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Basketball is over.  What do we do now?

Diane Amberg

Help me root for the Flyers! The Blackhawks won last night but it could have gone either way.

Wilma

OK.  What are they?

Diane Amberg

Good looking young men, mostly with no front teeth, who whack little flat rubber disks all over the ice rink with long sticks and spend a good bit of the time beating up on each other.  ;D ;D ;D The Philadelphia Flyers hockey team is playing the Chicago Blackhawks for the national Championship and the Stanley Cup. Several more games yet to go. It's a really big deal here.

larryJ

Excuse me----------------Basketball over?  I'm sorry, but I think there is a final series to go through, although it is a mere formality that the Lakers have to put up with before they give the trophy to them.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Wilma

The Lakers play basketball?

Diane Amberg

uh,oh....rough waters ahead. ;D ;D ;D

larryJ

Wilma, I am trying extremely hard not to say something that is insulting, degradating, mean or otherwise spiteful because of our family relationship, although by marriage.  My momma allus said, "if you can't say something nice, then say what you really think."  At least, I think that is what she said.  Anyway, I am sure you will watch the Lakers even if you don't care for them, because you will want to harass me if they lose.  I know how you are.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Wilma

Oh, the Lakers.  That bunch of big, tall men that were on the floor while the Suns were playing basketball.  One of them got quite good at three pointers, didn't he.  Do you think he will get to play again?

Sure, I will be watching.  What else is there to watch.  Besides if the Lakers can beat the Suns, they can beat anyone.

Mom70x7

QuoteBesides if the Lakers can beat the Suns, they can beat anyone.

Celtics aren't just anyone, though.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk