Snake identification

Started by Janet Harrington, May 24, 2010, 08:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayflower

Janet-  We had one in the yard yesterday that the Substitute Schwans man saw.  Seaton identified it for me as a bull snake. 

painted

I think bull snakes are to be good mousers. If they are in the barn in a place that i don"t go much, i leave them be.
If they are neer the parking area, house, or chickens, It's off with their heads! People being around doesn't seem
to bother them much.

Jane

Janet,
I can evern answer this one since it is not in front of me and I am pounding it will a shovel. It is in the family of the bull snake.  A Copperhead has more of a round design and bright copper, like a new penny.

jarhead

Ol Sarge says that aint a snake. that's the size of worm he uses for fish bait---but we all know how windy ol Sarge is !!!

frawin

Definitely a Bullsnake, a Copperhead has much brighter distinct colors. When I worked for the Dentons they kept Blacksnakes and Bullsnakes in and around the buildings and noone was to bother them. Many times I would reach up to turn the light switch on in the Barn south of town and there would be a big snake laying on the 2x4 next to the light switch. As Guy would always remind me, "you don't see any rats or mice around the buildings".

Sarge

Quote from: jarhead on May 25, 2010, 09:21:30 AM
Ol Sarge says that aint a snake. that's the size of worm he uses for fish bait !!!

That's true!
the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

Rudy Taylor

One thing for darn sure: It's not a trouser snake.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Teresa

hahahahahahahaha~~~ For the love of the lord!  hahahahahahahahahaha
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

No class around here, no class at all. >:(     ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sarge

You're wrong Diane. There's a lot of class here, just very little couth.
the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk