coloring brass grip frames???

Started by Marshall Sam Holland, June 19, 2006, 12:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshall Sam Holland

Any sugestions on coloring the bras grip frames. I read on some thread that most of Uberti's gun have them and that some are blued. Is this possible. Or do I get some spray on bake in the oven paint???
Thanks.

Marshal Will Wingam

I've experimented with touch-up bluing to see if it would be affective on brass. I turned a .45 case black with it, so I see no reason why you couldn't do it to your grip frames. You may want to try it on the inside where it wouldn't be noticed first, just in case it is less than acceptable.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Marshall Sam Holland

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. This weekend I will pull the grips and test the inside first...then I will see what happens on the outside...I just hope it done wear too quickly...

Major 2

Well some Uberti's have them , as do other manufacturers... even Ruger offered them on early Old Army's
Some are even silver plated.

There is a product call Brass Black, I think by Birch-wood Casey, that will do just that.

Brass is correct for the 51 Navies , and silver plate on a Civilian or presentation Navy, Dragoon even 1860 Army Trigger guard is quite correct.

Back to Brass Black,  it is better than paint as a finish on brass , but it will scratch too.

when planets align...do the deal !

Chance

The blue straps on Uberti pistols are steel. It is possible to buy a liquid silver which adheres to the brass and puts a silver coating on it. Only works on brass or copper. It needs to be applied regularly as it wears off with handling.

Marshall Sam Holland

Thanks Chance and Major   I will try  one and see the results..

Major 2

You could also have them nickeled... a Chrome shop (that does small parts for Bikes) could do it (not to pricey).

or Black chrome
when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com