Budget Leather Rig

Started by redrader, June 13, 2006, 03:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrader

Does anyone have any experience with oldtradingpost.com? They have rigs in my price range but what is there quality like? I know that you get what you pay for and that there are better makers but I have other financial responsibilities right now. I just need something to last me a year maybe two.

I have my eye on these two particular models 

http://www.oldtradingpost.com/western_store/catalog/High-Rider-Gun-belt-with-Double-Draw-Holsters-p-708.html

http://www.oldtradingpost.com/western_store/catalog/High-Rider-Gun-Belt-with-Double-Draw-Side-Holsters-p-706.html

Any input other than spend more money, would be greatly appreciated.

RR
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I'll not be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."    John Wayne

Doc Neeley

He sells mostly on eBay to my knowledge. When I first started I got myself a Oklahoma Leather rig from Cabelas. Total cost was around $80. Worked fine until I could afford better, but when you are buying pistols, rifle, reloading equipment, shotgun, boots, (you get the picture), you do the best you can.
There are some custom makers with budget priced starter rigs also and other will sound off on those.
Good luck.
All America lies at the end of the wilderness road, and our past is not a dead past, but still lives in us. Our forefathers had civilization inside themselves, the wild outside. We live in the civilization they created, but within us the wilderness still lingers. What they dreamed, we live, and what they lived, we dream. -- T.K. Whipple

Jefro

Not familiar with the company but the rig looks real good for the price. Bought rig for fhe little lady at Texas Jacks super sale for about the same price.
sass # 69420....JEDI GF #104.....NC Soot Lord....CFDA#1362
44-40 takes a back seat to no other caliber

Arcey

Kindah sortah had an 'accident' with my first rig.  It escaped...........

Ennyways I needed sumthin' quick 'n didn't know whut I wanted so I bought cheap stuff ala cart from Cabella's.  That was six years ago 'n I'm still usin' it............
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

sweettooth

I bought 2 rigs off ebay from reddog leather they are smooth  lined and I like them , My shooting cuffs cam from old west trading post and they are lined and very well made. Some one older and wiser suggest on this board to buy your back up firearms first buy em cheap till you know what type and style you will like best. I guess the same goes for leather.
storm
usmc 67 70
dav
semper fi

redrader

Thanks for all the replies.

I ordered this one today.

http://www.kempfgunshop.com/products/cowboyaction/leather/completerigs/combobelt.html

I am going for a Texas Ranger look and I have an old picture of a Ranger wearing a cartridge belt that looks like this so I think it will work well. I may even get the leather one when I get some more money in my pocket.

RedRader
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I'll not be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."    John Wayne

Goatlips

Looks like a great deal, RedRaider.  'Specially from El Paso.  I have some Oklahoma stuff that served its purpose but now lies fallow.  Not a bad idea to start with the better stuff right off the bat!

Goatlips

Wymore Wrangler

San Pedro makes the best stuff around for the price...
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com