Newbrassky

Started by Delmonico, September 18, 2004, 11:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

litl rooster

litl rooster hears a comotion coming from the office in the house he ;D knowing the Blue plate have returned Delmonico...wondering if there is any Biscuits left he mosy to the house...Noticing sawdust on the porch floor he knows the others have returned also.  Seeing a strange contraption in the window  of Slim's room he ponders what in the Sam Hill it is?
Mathew 5.9

Stoney Pete

With FFG back and Del back life starts getting normal. 
Knowing what hunter sometimes used to clean their Buffalo rifles made Stoney want nothing to do with the bottles.  That is till Trinity tries them. ;D

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Joyce (AnnieLee)

The Frumpy Fairy Godmother gets up from the porch and gives the crumbs of her biscuits to Daisy. She wanders to Delmonico's door where Duke is patiently scratching for entrance and gives it a tap or four.

"I saw you brought back your quilt, mind handing it to me so I can wash it? And are you going to want dinner?" She calls through the closed door.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Delmonico

Delmonico hands her the quilt and is now wearin' his red flannel night shirt. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Joyce (AnnieLee)

Before he can close the door in her face, the Frumpy Fairy Godmother hugs him. She hugs him long and hard, smiling against him. Duke scampers into the room.

"Welcome back, Delmonico."

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Stoney Pete

Being the first up again, Stoney feeds the dogs and starts making breakfast.  Since everyone has been showin' up as of late he put on two pots of coffee and starts water to boil as some may want tea.

Lots of with extra bacon.  freash for the oven with lots of butter.  He put some of Slims cheese on the table.  Not knowing who or how many will be here, he doesn't set the table but puts a stack of plates near the stove.

With a plate full of eggs and bacon, fresh buscuts and butter, Stoney grabs a cup of Coffee and head out to his seat on the porch to watch the morning happen.

Maybe someone will even talk to me today.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Joyce (AnnieLee)

Pete is soon joined on the porch by the Frumpy Fairy Godmother who is carrying her own plate of food and a carefully balanced mug of coffee. "Morning, Pete!" She sings out as she sits in her chair. "Has there been any sign of Trinity?"

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Stoney Pete

"No sign for days.  Maybe he's fixin' more squeezin's at one of the stills."

Joyce (AnnieLee)

" I hope so. I hope he hasn't been bushwacked in a gully someplace." She pauses and sips her coffee. "Maybe he took off after the wagon ladies again. Is his horse and saddle here?"

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Silver Creek Slim

Slim walks into the kitchen and sees that Stoney fixed breakfast agin. He pours coffee, gets a plate of grub, and walks onto the porch. "Morning y'all. Thanks fer the coffee and grub, Stoney." He takes a seat on the porch and begins to break the fast.
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Stoney Pete

Authors note:  In which dirrection is this here porch facing?  I just want to know if I get to watch the sunrise or the sunset.

Back to the Story.

"Moring Slim.  Have you any word from Trinity?  Speaking of how folks are doing, is Del gonna need any special treatment the next few days?"

Silver Creek Slim

(Arthur's note: It faces south so ya can watch both.  ;D )

"No word from Trinity in 'bout a week. It appears that Del is doing fine."
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Delmonico

(The place where everyone normally sits faces east, but idf I remember right the porch goes clear around the house.  I also left a messages on Trinity's cell phone to let us know if everything is OK)

Delmonico gets up late and already has coffee from his office.  ;D ;D ;D (He keeps a stash of the good stuff)   

"While I was gone I realized what is wrong with the economy of this country.  We base it on gold and not silver, we are being crucifed on a cross of gold." ;D ;D

(Slim, drag up a William Jenningsd Bryan link, I watched the sun come up over his be-loved Fairview two morings this week.  The hospital is doing restoration work on it right now. ;))
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Joyce (AnnieLee)

The Frumpy Fairy Godmother grins to Pete as she rises.

"Coddling Delmonico would be like trying to hug a porcupine. Might end up getting hurt."

She takes her dirty dishes to the sink then wanders off to the garden.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Silver Creek Slim

QuoteThe "Cross of Gold Speech" is William Jennings Bryan's most well-known political speech. Recorded in 1921, the speech was originally delivered before the democratic convention in 1896 and highlights the politician's not only populist stance, but his strong position on the issue of the "Gold-Standard." In his strident attack on the concept that gold was the only sound backing for currency, Jennings Bryan speaks here for the "broader class" of businessmen across the country, specifically farmers, agricultural workers, miners and small town merchants. These workers, he argues, are all but ignored by a government that serves the interests of big cities and large corporate enterprise. It is the "real" business men of the small town and agricultural communities that inherit and demonstrate the true "pioneer spirit" of America: "They tell us that the great cities are in favor of the gold standard. We reply that our great cities rest upon our broad and great prairies. Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms, and the grass will grow in the streets of every city of the country." Jennings Bryan closed with the admonition, "you shall not press upon the bow of labor this crown of thorns, you shall not crucify mankind upon a cross of gold." This speech was profoundly effective, and though the politician was only 36 years old, he was nominated by the delegates as their candidate for president.

Fairview

Delmonico

<Ain't that a beutiful house to watch a sunrise over, my room was about 25 yards to the left part of that picture which must be from about 1980.  Today if you took that angle you would see much more hospital, that is the east sidehere is the south.

http://websearch.cs.com/wm/boomframe.jsp?query=Bryan+LGH+Hospital&page=1&offset=1&result_url=redir%3Fsrc%3Dwebsearch%26requestId%3D10ad1f2cd3253161%26clickedItemRank%3D1%26userQuery%3DBryan%2BLGH%2BHospital%26clickedItemURN%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.bryanlgh.org%252F%26invocationType%3D-%26fromPage%3Dwmthomepage%26amp%3BampTest%3D1&remove_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bryanlgh.org%2F

I hope that works. ;D>
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Delmonico

Delmonico puts a bottle of good Holland gin in the icebox with the lemon soda, it will be a good mix for Trinity when he gets back. ??? ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Joyce (AnnieLee)

The Frumpy Fairy Godmother brings in Delmonico's quilt from the line. The strange orange-ish stains, probably there from his being probed, have been washed out. With a small smile, she taps his doorknob with her wand and the door swings open for her. She places the quilt on his bed, then backs out of the room and relocks it.

"I wonder if he's feeling good enough to cook tonight?"

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

litl rooster

Quote from: AnnieLee on August 19, 2005, 03:20:53 PM
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother brings in Delmonico's quilt from the line. The strange orange-ish stains, probably there from his being probed, have been washed out. With a small smile, she taps his doorknob with her wand and the door swings open for her. She places the quilt on his bed, then backs out of the room and relocks it.

"I wonder if he's feeling good enough to cook tonight?"

Roast and Yukon Golds (my favorites) I just want to know if it's ready yet?
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com