Newbrassky

Started by Delmonico, September 18, 2004, 11:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delmonico

Did ya bring some bacon ta wrap around those while they cook?
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Silver Creek Slim

"Yep, I gots 5 pounds of bacon. It's been hard keepin' the yaller dawg from wantin' ta eat it. But, we been huntin' on the way down ta keep his belly full so he don't eat the bacon."
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Delmonico on October 15, 2004, 01:11:23 PM
With Slim saflely on the East bound UP, headin' back home ta make connections with his huntin' party, Delmonico heads back to the ranch on his mule.  With Slim not gonna be back fer most a week, he will have plenty of time ta get Slim inta more trouble by searchin' the picture collections.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

In fact here's a picture of Slim and his huntin' party takin' a break.

http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/I?ngp:1:./temp/~ammem_2lUc::displayType=1:m856sd=ndfahult:m856sf=b214:@@@

Is this the picture of my hunting party?
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Delmonico

I glad you brought bacon, I was afraid ya would have to go find some and end up, lost and in jail. ;D

Yes thats the picture, why were you pickin' yer nose when the picture was taken. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim

I was try'n ta get the cattail seeds outta there.  ::)

Delmonico

Least it wern't bird poop. ;D ;D ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Delmonico on October 22, 2004, 12:53:28 PM
Least it wern't bird poop. ;D ;D ;D
That is for sure.
The pointy tip of a cattail jabbed me in the side of my nose and drew blood. Those cattail slews are nasty, but that is where the birds like to hide.

Delmonico

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim

Yep, that is what some of 'em look like, but most of the ones we hunted don't have standing water. It is pretty dry in SD.

Yeah, those duck don't want to stay still for the camera.  ;D

Did ya notice what gun he is using?

Delmonico

Yup, I'd hunt with one if I had one. ;D  Ain't ya glad Mr. Butcher was a lousy farmer.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim

Yep, it is nice to be able to look at these old pictures.

Delmonico

Delmonico's says ta Slim," I need some spices, extracts and some other fancy groceries, I'm gonna go down and get on the train at Maxwell and run to Omaha to the wholesalers and get us a big stock of good stuff."

Course Slim don't answer cause he ain't online, but Delmonico goes and gets on the train and heads to Omaha anyway. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico

Just before dark the train heads into Omaha.  As we head to the UP station we go through South Omaha and the famous Omaha Stockyards.

http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/I?pan:1:./temp/~ammem_0aR4::displayType=1:m856sd=pan:m856sf=6a19941:@@@

Wish we could transfer smells. ;D

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Joyce (AnnieLee)

Once again, the frumpy fairy godmother frowns as she can't see the neat picture. She wittles a touch more on her new wand, then reaches into her bottomless reticule to pull out a bunch of Jonathan apples. She peels, cores and slices them, then puts them on the fire to make some apple sauce.

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Foothills Drifter

Quote from: AnnieLee on October 24, 2004, 06:28:45 PM
. She peels, cores and slices them, then puts them on the fire to make some apple sauce.

AnnieLee

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......
Foothills Drifter might be drawn in ta the smell of them cookin apples.............. (I been lost fer a couple a few months now  :o  )

Good shootin......
Vern... ;D

Joyce (AnnieLee)

She gives the apples a poke, checking to see if they are tender enough to mash, then turns, thinking she saw someone coming near. Of course, Slim doesn't do anything, he's just a lump someplace.

:D

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Delmonico

Delmonico returns from Omaha, he is discussed and will find out from Slim why the stooopid links ain't workin' fer him, but only part of the time. :P

After thinkin' a bit (kinda hard sometimes)  Delmonico redoes the link cause he figgered out what when wrong, maybe.   ;D

Drugs and pewters don't mix and Delmonico was takin' a lot of Bennydrill last night fer a problem he didn't want to end of being a trip to thr ER.  Folks at ER's don't always know what ta think of cowboy cooks who show up at there place of work. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico

As Delnonico comes into the ranch homesite he sees the Fairy Godmother and the long lost Foothills Drifter sittin' around eatin' applesauce with a discussed look on their faces, not from the exelant applesauce, but one whiff lets Delmonico know what is wrong.  :P

A quick look let's him know that he ain't just smelling things, Slim has bought hogs while Delmonico was go and has went into the hog raisin' bussiness. :P :P :P :P

http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/displayPhoto.pl?path=/award/nbhips/lca/119&topImages=11972r.jpg&topLinks=11972v.jpg&displayProfile=0&title=Feeding%20hogs%20on%20the%20A.%20Fonda%20%20farm%20near%20Oconto,%20Custer%20County,%20Nebraska.&m856s=$dnbhips$f11972&dir=ammem&itemLink=D?psbib:23:./temp/~ammem_O7GC:

Delmonico figgers Slim has been watchin' "Unforgiven" again.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Joyce (AnnieLee)

The frumpy fairy godmother gives a disgusted snort. "I think he said he's gonna rent them."

Making another face, she pulls her not so frumpy and new bandanna over her nose.

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com