Newbrassky

Started by Delmonico, September 18, 2004, 11:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trinity

Trinity walks in after being gone for a long time. His absence began with a quick trip to town for a drink.  While on his way back to camp after more than just a drink, Trinity fell off of his horse into cacti which were providing shelter for a family of scorpions and fire ants and passed out.  Well, actually he was already out when he lost hold of the horse.  Speaking of his horse, well he was never really very reliable and decided not to wait for his drunken passenger and continued upon his wayward journey.  Trinity was never actually aware that he was not headed to camp and when he finally awoke in severe pain he finally realized that he was being lost.  He rose from the cactus bed and in doing so he stirred the ants and scorpions that had settled in his clothing and the barrage of pain began again.  This time Trinity was awake and sober!  ...But he doesn't want to talk about it...too embarrassing.  All Trinity cares to talk about is the travelling caravan of ladies that nursed him back to health (in most ways that is, but in others they almost killed him).

What's that ya say 'bout mah favoryte dish, Delmonico???  Ah love me some Mac-or-ony and cheese.  Well, anything with cheese is some kinda good!!  You know, you can make up a goooood mess of M-or-O and C in one of yer pots there, what do you say???
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Delmonico

Delmonico just shakes his head wonderin' how Trinity got that lost to come a foul of scorpins and fire ants cause he's way to far North for that.  But from his past record we all know he "could" get that lost. ;D ;D ;D ;D  And of course that would be none to far for our pal to ride for a drink, maybe he wanted Teukilllya, most likly ain't much in the saloons around here. ;D ;D ;D ;D

"Ok pard in hornor of ya comin' back aI'll make ya Macaroni and Cheese and I'll use the Thomas Jefferson recipe, might as well, since he almost caused a war with Italy with his desire for the stuff."

"Slim brings use plenty of cheese from Wissyconsion also butter, cause I won't use no margerine in it.  I gots some onions in the root cellar and plenty of canned milk, but I don't have no macaroni." ::) ::) ::) 

"Trinity can you ride down to North Platte and get some with out gettin' lost?" 

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Silver Creek Slim

Slim rides into camp with Duke trotting along. "Del, I picked up 10 pounds of macaroni since someone was talkin' 'bout it yesterday." He dismounts and gives the macaroni to Del. "Well, Trinity, ya found yer way back ta camp!"
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Joyce (AnnieLee)

Duke looks mighty happy, having washed the hog slop off in the creek and running around with a ham bone in his mouth. He saunters up to Trinity to give him an exploratory sniff and a wag of his tail.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Delmonico

Delmonico takes the macaroni and heads to the dugout with it, as he heads off he is singing:

Yankee Doodle went to town,
up on a stylish stallion.
Stuck a feather in his hat,
and called it macaroni.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

gophergrease

Del, a pasta can be made just fine with good old flour, only need the other for dry Mac.
3 cups AP flour and 4 egg yolks. Baet the eggs, mix in flour and keep kneeding till your arms ready to fall off then have someone else go a bit more. Roll thin and cut in strips. "AKA Fettuccine"

Welcome back Trinitty.

Del we to get a big fire going it clean and seasen this new oven. I got me a 20qt '5gal', only tips the scales by 43 lbs.

Delmonico

Well that 'splains why I have good luck till I tried to dry it.   :o  I ain't gonna build no fire tonight, I be nasty out there and It be freezin' on the car vindows. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o  Gonna take a half bottle of olive oil ta season that thing. :o :o 

Least we won't have ta jump up and down on the oven next time we cook a turkey. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

gophergrease

Could need to get most of a Osage tree burnin to make the top jump off, and get the wax out. But if slim hadnt ran all the hog to market we be able to scald em. ;D ;D ;D

gophergrease

Dry pasta that you buy is just Semolina and H2O.
The mine has a lot more taste but alot of work. The old gals in italy use there feet to work it :o :o :o :-\

Trinity

Thanks ver' much for the kind welcomes.  Hey there duke!  Good boy, yeah, good dog... ok, yah aint gotta sniff there.  

It is good to be back.  Ah aint really sure where ah was when I "found" them scorpeens.  I seem to 'member havin' a drink in mah favorite drinkin' hole in San Antone.  Ah thought that was on of them halooosogins... uh, daydreams.  Reckon it weren't.

Say Delmonico, what in tarnation is Margerine?  Sounds like a girl Ah met down Mexico way, but not nothing ya would want to eat.  Thanks fer makin that Mac-or-ony cheese.  Ah like it best when there's a puddle of yellow earl on top!  Mah Mama used ta spoon it off, but Ah like ta mix it in!  Mah Papy says that's why mah chest hurts sometimes!   ::) ::)

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Joyce (AnnieLee)

The Frumpy Fairy Godmother pops back in with a scattering of sawdust.

"Howdo, Trinity, good to see you!" She says with a warm smile, then turns an even warmer smile to Gophergrease.

"Seems like I should be listening to you and not that miscreant, licorice eating Delmonico. He's been telling me you have a dutch oven big enough to cook a small child."

She turns her head and shielding her face from Trinity and GG, she sticks her tongue out at Delmonico.

:P

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

gophergrease

think as soon as we  get it ready, we need to see what kind of cake can be mixed up in it.

Silver Creek Slim

Slim peers out the dugout window. "Fog is thick as pea soup this morning."
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Joyce (AnnieLee)

"That's not fog, that's Delmonico's kimchee."

:D

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Delmonico

Did ya want some pea soup, I gots some leftover back in Lincoln, I could make a trip and get some, if ya don't mind leftovers. :o ::)  1999 was a good year fer pea soup. ;D ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim

"Ya don't hafta make the trip fer me. I'z not a pea soup fan. 'Sides it may be a bit greener that when it was first made."

Delmonico

Nope, I ate some the other day, still fine. ;D ;D ;D ;D  Still got big chunks a ham in it. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim

"Ya mean ta say it is canned?"

Delmonico

Yup, you ain't as dumb as folks been sayin'. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   Homemade soup from a jar is much better than factory stuff from a can. ;D ;D  Don't bother though, ya can't do chicken and noodle, it don't verk. ??? :P
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim

"Who's ben sayin' I'z dum?!?!"  >:(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com