Newbrassky

Started by Delmonico, September 18, 2004, 11:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delmonico

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

litl rooster

Quote from: Ozark Tracker on June 19, 2006, 01:54:22 PM

Who ever sang that song about " I seen sunny days I thought would never end."  I thought he must have driven a combine berfore.

James Taylor
Mathew 5.9

Ozark Tracker

that's the one, I always figured I had lived that line after driving a tractor and a combine for 25 years  in that hot Oklahoma sun.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Trinity

Trinity sees Duke and his families.  They line up and follow, one after the other like a very large duck family.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Ozark Tracker

well looks like everybody is finally loaded up.   the steams built up, looks like we ready to travel. ;D

Trinity

"Ah'm ready ta daince nekkid 'roun' tha fahr!" ;D ;D ;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Trinity

"Thar he is! Thar he is!"  Trinity exclaims excitedly.  "Tha sheepherder is a-lurkin'!!"  ;D ;D ;D

Ozark Tracker

being as how the steam is several miles from home now and it would be quite a walk back, Ozark looks at Trinity and says

" now tell me again,  why is it you gonna dance nekkid around a far"  it hain't cold!! :o

Trinity

"Wail, tha summer solstice is also called "Midsummer" and is tha longest day of tha year... longest amount of sunlaght.  This hair is tha time when tha womin folk is 'posed ta be the most fer-tyle.  We pay homage to them and to the sun god by daincin' nekked roun' a fahr when tha sun finally goes down.  Back in ol' England, tha druids used ta celebrate it at stonehenge.  Del done foun' a place in Eastern Newbrassskey fer us this yair.  They's more to it, but that's it in a nutshell. 

"Ooooooh!  Ah kin almost hair tha drums, kin you?" ;D

Delmonico

As the sun goes down in Newbrassky, the reach the three Burr Oaks on the bend of the Dismal.  They pile up the wood and Delmonico opens the fire box and shovels some hot embers on the wood.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Trinity

With a slight "Woooof" sound, the wood begins to burn.

Ozark Tracker

The Indians over in the Indian Territory back home,  used to have a green corn dance about this time of the year. they used to dance for 3 days but they was a wearing clothes, they had them tom- tom drums,, is we gona have some of them tom-toms ???

Trinity

"It's all part of the same observance.  Just differ'n' cultures.  Yeah,  We's gonna have tha drums.  They's gettin' louder.  Kain' ya hair them yet?"

Ozark Tracker

I thank I'm starting to hear em now, did you bring a ceramonial  jug ??? I could hear em beter ifn we had one.

Delmonico

Delmonico has a 5 gallon bucket of coal oil he keeps dippin' wood in afore tossin' it on the ever larger fire. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Ozark Tracker

Del's got a good fire a going, I can feel the heat plum over here

Delmonico

Delmonico keeps soakin' wood and tossin' it on as well as coal from the bin on the Steam Traction Engine. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim

Slim comes out to the porch and sees a BIG fire by the Dismal. "I sure hope whoever bilt dat far don't set the prairie on far too."  ::) Slim goes into the kitchen to put on a fresh pot of coffee. He suddenly has the urge ta howl at dat moon. He goes back out ta the porch and howls at dat moon.  :o A family of 'yotes answer him.
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Ozark Tracker

Ozark, sitting by the fire as it burns high into the Nebrassky night  :-\sky, is startled by a far away howl in the night. he turns to Trinity and Del and ask do we have werewolves up here?

Delmonico

Delmonico says, "Nope, I don't think, the only thing I know about is the sea monster down in Walgen Lake.  I think that sounds like Slim." :D

As Delmonico speaks the International Brotherhood of Coyotes, Dismal River Chapter decides to have a Union Meeting in the dooryard of the Ranch With Know Name, since the oak grove on the bend of the Dismal River where they usually meet has a big fire goin'.   ;D ;D   Coyotes don't like fires even in the winter time. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com