Newbrassky

Started by Delmonico, September 18, 2004, 11:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Creek Slim

Slim puts on a fresh pot of coffee. He goes out to gather eggs and milch the cow.
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Delmonico

Delmonico opens the pakage with his brand-new concertina and begains to squeeze it back and forth in an attempt to learn to play it.  But all that cames out are squeeks and squawks. ;D ;D :P :P :P :P
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Silver Creek Slim

The dawgs and puppies start howlin'.  :o :o :o :o :o
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Trinity

Quote from: Lucky Irish Tom on December 12, 2005, 07:13:25 AM
Irish Tom has dressed up like Santy, in case litl rooster wakes up, cept he could'n find no red felt so he used green instead.  Irish tells Trinity I'll jest tell im I'm O'Claus from the County Cork side of the Kringle family! ;D

"Oh, yeah, thanks fer 'mindin' me.  Ah need ta git me some more cork fer the jugs!! ;D  Now, whar is them presents hidin'!!???"
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Silver Creek Slim

The dawgs and puppies continue to howl.  :o :o :o :o :o

Delmonico

Delmonico finds the right tone and Slim howls. :o :o ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico

The dawgs and puppies sing in tone with Delmonico, but Slim howls off key.  Delmonico gets tired of Slim's howling and gives it a rest.  Delmonico decides something is lacking, so he hitches up the mules to the wagon and heads off to the north.   ;D ;D

He looks and the sky is grey to the north and it is gettin' colder and the wind is picking up, but he heads on into it on his misson.   ???

10 miles north of the ranch the snow starts up and soon becomes a prairie blizzard, Delmonico knows he needs to stop as it starts to become a white out, but by using his compass he is able to navigate the hills.   :o

Finally near the town of Long Pine the wagon gets stuck in the snow, so he has no choice but to stop and set up camp for the night in the protection of a deep gully.  With much effort he gets the mules into the shelter of a cedar break and he is able to get a tent rigged up with the wagon sheet for him and Duke. <Author's Note: Duke came along. ;D>   In the cedars out of the wind they are able to gather dead cedar wood and get a good fire going to keep them from freezing. ;D

As the blizzard howls around them, they are able to keep the fire going, Duke goes out and gathers wood while Delmonico tries to get some coffee and supper started. :o :o :o :o :o
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim

Slim finally stops howlin' and puts on a fresh pot of coffee.  8)

Lucky Irish Tom

Irish gets a cup of coffee, Thanks Slim then wanders onto the porch.  He hollers back into the house, "Hey Slim, looks like snow is acomin, ya want me ta get some more firewood inta the house?"
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Silver Creek Slim

"That would be great, Tom, thanks."

litl rooster

Awaken by  a chill, I rise to go check the entrance of the cave.In the flicker of the dim lights of the lantern, I see Trinty and a man in Green, with a floppy hat. I've caught a Leperchaun trying to rob me...This is my lucky day. :) ;) :) ;) I'll get 3 wishes granted or is it a pot of Gold?....Either way I can't lose. ::)
Mathew 5.9

Delmonico

Delmonico and Duke keep the fire going as the cedar breaks drifts over with snow.  For supper they can only manage to heat up canned 'mater and pork and beans. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Lucky Irish Tom

Hey litl rooster wouldja settle fer some pot likker! ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Delmonico

The fire kept goin' by Delmonico and the dog keep and area for them and the mules free from snow, but all around them the cedar brake drifts over as the snow keeps coming down hard, driven by a strong North-West wind. :o :o :o :o ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

litl rooster

Hope Duke is smart enuff to lead Delmonico back to the ranch...Ifn' he keeps following dat der compass Polar Bears will eat him and his mules.
Mathew 5.9

Delmonico

Right after dark the wind and snow stops, Delmonico and Duke are glad, in the morning they will be able to complete their mission and head back to the ranch. ??? ???
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

litl rooster

Quote from: Lucky Irish Tom on December 14, 2005, 06:47:34 AM
Hey litl rooster wouldja settle fer some pot likker! ;D

No deal just read the offical Fairey Tale handbook, the Rules state, you get 3 wishes ifn' ya free a Genie from it's lamp
and a Pot O Gold ifn' ya ketch a Leprachaun....
Mathew 5.9

Delmonico

Delmonico and Duke dig out and go down stream a ways and complete their mission, they hook the mules up and start to dig the wagon out and head for home as the sun shines brightly, forching them both to put on tinted glasses to prevent snow blindness. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim

Slim grabs the shovel and digs a path thru the snow to the barn so he can gather milch and eggs.

Delmonico

As Delmonico and Duke stuggle home through the drifts, the temp rises to 60 degrees and the snow starts to melt, the sturggle on through drift and now streams of water to complete their important mission. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com