Newbrassky

Started by Delmonico, September 18, 2004, 11:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delmonico

Delmonico hears all this and says it's simple, get him some 90% tin, 10% silver solder and have him rebuild his stills, the 50% lead, 50% tin solder he used is the problem, I seen a roll of it out in the shed with the solderin' coppers. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Trinity

Quote from: AnnieLee on March 28, 2005, 06:16:26 AM
"Trinity, I think you need to change your recipe a little. It is making you maudalin." The Frumpy Fairy Godmother wipes one of his tears away with her thumb, leaving a clean streak on his face in the process, then hugs him.

"Ah ain' chaingin' mah recipe!  Mah great great great Gan' Pappy done taught me this here recipe when Ah was jest a wee young'un.  Here, have a try, it's goooood! :)"  With a smile Trinity holds his jug up to the FFG in offering.

Quote from: Delmonico on March 28, 2005, 10:45:42 AM
Delmonico hears all this and says it's simple, get him some 90% tin, 10% silver solder and have him rebuild his stills, the 50% lead, 50% tin solder he used is the problem, I seen a roll of it out in the shed with the solderin' coppers. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"Ah hert that!  >:( >:(  Sometimes Ah don' think you'll be happy till Ahm daid!"

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Delmonico

Noooooo, I'm trying to save you, if the FFg really cared she would have checked it out, the lead ain't goo for you, the silver solder would be much better. ;D ;D  Sides that if you were Daaaaid I'd have to abuse Slim more, he got cranky while you we're gone, 'specially the penstrom/black helly-copter problem. ::) ::) ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Joyce (AnnieLee)

The Frumpy Fairy Godmother stares when she hears about the lead solder in the stills.

"Trinity, you have to use tin and silver. Lead is what made all the women go nuts in the old days, their face powder had lead in it! That's why most of us ladies don't put much powder on our faces now, well other than harlots and whores use face paint... Anyway, I digress. I'll help you resolder your stills if you want, and I won't tell anyone where they are. If I do, you can use my wand to turn me into a chipmunk."

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Trinity

Quote from: Delmonico on March 28, 2005, 12:06:25 PM
Noooooo, I'm trying to save you, if the FFg really cared she would have checked it out, the lead ain't goo for you, the silver solder would be much better. ;D ;D  Sides that if you were Daaaaid I'd have to abuse Slim more, he got cranky while you we're gone, 'specially the penstrom/black helly-copter problem. ::) ::) ::)

Trinity is confused.  His knowledge of metallurgy almost non-existent but he is sure that current Tin still contains high contents of lead and mentions this to Delmonico.  "Besides, That's what gives it it's characteristic flavour  ;D ;D."

Quote from: AnnieLee on March 28, 2005, 12:12:26 PM
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother stares when she hears about the lead solder in the stills.

"Trinity, you have to use tin and silver. Lead is what made all the women go nuts in the old days, their face powder had lead in it! That's why most of us ladies don't put much powder on our faces now, well other than harlots and whores use face paint... Anyway, I digress. I'll help you resolder your stills if you want, and I won't tell anyone where they are. If I do, you can use my wand to turn me into a chipmunk."

"Mah Great great great gran' pappy use' ta tell us young'uns that we needed ta lose our minds a little cuz that's how we could ever handle bein' with our wives.  Ah lef them mountains afore gettin married, so Ah still don' know what he was talkin' 'bout. ::) ::) 

Ah 'ppreciate yore offer ta help, but usin' your magical stick ta turn you into a chipmunk ain' no prize cuze yore already a chipmunk.  'Least, you look like one with that there blue hat on. ;D ;D ;D ;D"
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Delmonico

"Trinity, get the lead out, lead affects the nervous system, the gasto-intestinal system and the reproductive system." 

"Despite the commnon sayin, ya don't want lead in yer pencil." ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Joyce (AnnieLee)

Ever so helpfully, the Frumpy Fairy Godmother adds, "Lead is a soft metal. Lead in your uh... pencil will make it go soft."

Oh, she spoke before she thought, and she coughs as her face turns a brilliant shade of red. She quickly turns away to refresh her coffee.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Trinity

Embarassed, Trinity loudly exclaims: "They ain' nothin' wrong with mah recipe, mah recipe makin' aparatus...

or mah pencil either!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Joyce (AnnieLee)

The comment about her blue hat finally sinks in. The Frumpy Fairy Godmother takes it off and proceeds to thwack Trinity with it, each thwack accompanied by a word:

"I <thwack> dp <thwack> not <thwack> look <thwack> like <thwack> a <thwack> chipmunk! <thwack>"

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Delmonico

Delmonico had a great idea for a post, but the large knot on his head throbbed and he decides to lay back down and play dead. ;D ;D

Wait that was another thread he was playin' dead, but it still might be a smart move. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Trinity

Upon posting the last message, the Author was thinking to himself that he was glad that Trinity had not made the FFG angry as of yet and that Trinity's words about the Avatar must not have upset the FFG.  Oh well, how could he expect his (or Trinity's) luck to continue for ever?

"Ouch, ouch, wai-ouuch, wait..ouch, I'm sorry ouch, ouch, ouch!!!  That ain' no ordinary hat, it hurts!"  Trinity bends and picks up the pink band and hands it to her as a peace offering:  "Ah din' mean to o-ffend you, Miss FFG!  I am truly sorry!!!  

Ah meant ta say squirrel!"

Joyce (AnnieLee)

( < AnnieLee presses the pause button on the Frumpy Fairy Godmother for a moment> Ok, now I gotta know. What avatar? What blue hat with a pink band? I don't remember having an avatar with a blue hat and pink band. Is Trinity's author talking about Milt, the stuffed dummy with the Pilgrim's hat? Or has Trinity's author been dipping into the recipe??)

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Trinity

(While Trinity's author has indeed been dipping into a recipe, it hasn't been Trinity's.  <Campbell's recipe, if you must know.  I think I found the piece of chicken!!!>  Anyhow, the author was wholly unaware that "Milt" had a name and was not intended to represent the FFG.  ...or anyone for that matter. 

The author pulls his own cast iron skillet out of the drawer... but in the end decides not to hit himself with it.  If he's to be punished, he'd rather not do the dealing. ;D ;D ;D)

Delmonico

Trinity, the hat is worse than the skillet, it is a late 1970's vintage, leather, I'm goin to a Waylon Jennings concert hat.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Joyce (AnnieLee)

(Naw, Del, he's talking about Milt's hat, not my thwapping hat! Milt is the poor flatlander who moved West and tried to make a living out of turkey ranching. He was the subject of the first shoot where I wrote the stages, for Thanksgiving weekend. We haven't shot there since, because of the rasafrassing weather. But I better push the play button before the Frumpy Fairy Godmother's film melts under the bulb. < Pushes the button>  )

The Frumpy Fairy Godmother's hand stops, mid-thwack. "A... squirrel? You think I look like a squirrel??"

She drops her hat to the floor and goes outside, too upset to speak any further.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Trinity

Quote from: Delmonico on March 28, 2005, 03:51:45 PM
Trinity, the hat is worse than the skillet, it is a late 1970's vintage, leather, I'm goin to a Waylon Jennings concert hat. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I was a mite young at that time.  Important to me was laying in front of the TV with my head propped up watching ...

THE DUKES OF HAZZARD!!!  Yes, I was too young to go see Waylon in concert, but every Friday night he narrated my favorited television show!!  Thank you CMT for bringing the boys back every weekday at 7:00pm (shameless plug) 

Anyway, not a stranger to the Outlaws' (Waylon, Willie and the boys... as the song goes) music, I can put a picture together of what you might be alluding to.

Quote from: AnnieLee on March 28, 2005, 04:03:40 PM
(Naw, Del, he's talking about Milt's hat, not my thwapping hat! Milt is the poor flatlander who moved West and tried to make a living out of turkey ranching. He was the subject of the first shoot where I wrote the stages, for Thanksgiving weekend. We haven't shot there since, because of the rasafrassing weather. But I better push the play button before the Frumpy Fairy Godmother's film melts under the bulb. < Pushes the button> )

The Frumpy Fairy Godmother's hand stops, mid-thwack. "A... squirrel? You think I look like a squirrel??"

She drops her hat to the floor and goes outside, too upset to speak any further.

(Good to know some history about Milt  ;D ;D ;D)

"Wait, Ah'm sorry!!!!!"  Trinity runs out the door after the FFG with a clop, thud, clop, thud, clop, thud...

Delmonico

I almost died at a Wylon concert, it was not Waylon's fault, but it involved steep stairs, some er lots of sourmash, some green stuff in rice paper and a pair of Tony's with a ridin' heel. :o :o :o :o :o :o
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Joyce (AnnieLee)

( So, I got distracted. I had to go find the Minetonka hat of mine that Del calls the Waylon Jennings concert hat. This is my thwacking hat. The filename has forty in it, because I hit Forty Rod with it... a LOT. :D )

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Trinity

Based on some of Del's prior coments, I would have never pictured him in such a state!!!!

Yep, that's the hat I had pictured.  There's a word that comes to mind and it starts with red.  I wouldn't have expected you to own one of them, Miss Annie!

Joyce (AnnieLee)

(Gosh, Trinity, I've tilled the garden, planted seed, hoed, weeded, dug holes, ran a backhoe, fixed roads, worked on the range, and shot in that hat, among other things. It's a great working hat, it keeps the sun and the rain off. It's been sat on, left in the trunk, left in the backseat, left in the truck, chewed on by the dogs.. the wire in the brim is too misshapen to ever recover. It's a great hat. Insult the hat and I get Elle.  :D  AnnieLee)

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com