The "ROCK" Long Gun Rest

Started by Missouri Marshal, May 24, 2006, 05:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Missouri Marshal

I always hate staging long guns vertically but having a "Bail" in the middle of most stages just don't seem right either.  especially one that looks like a table with a rug on it.  Besides I don't recall any Cowboy movies or books with square hay bails in them.  I've seen and used horses but most of them are a pain for SXS shooters, that is until I saw the one in the May CC.  I'm ordering the drawings for that too.  Anyway I figured that there are rocks everywhere, especially in the west so I made the "Rock" Long Gun Rest.  Look at the pictures at this link and tell me what ya think.  http://community.webshots.com/album/550719579vWdDFC

NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

Arcey

Ya did good 'n yer right on all counts...............
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Silver_Rings

I like it.  Out here in Colorado I would opt for light grey instead of black cause that black would get too hot to touch. 

What is the top surface made of?  Is it padded?  Any staples?  Don't know how many scratch I've gotten in my guns from stapled down carpet scraps on loading tables and such.

SR

Gunfighter, SASS 27466, NRA Life, GOFWG, BOSS, RO 1, RO 2

Missouri Marshal

It's made from a plastic "stream" that you would use for a garden pond.  No staples except in the sides where the skirt attaches.   Nothing anywhere near where the gun is staged to scratch it.  Black wouldn't be my forst choice of color either but that's the only color it came in.  I don't think painting is an option, I think it would just rub off.
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132

Cyrille

What;s the base? wood covered by camo cloth?
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242
"Never apologize Mr.; it's a sign of weakness."
Capt. Nathan Brittles {John Wayne} in "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon."

"A gun is  just a tool. No better and no worse than any other tool----- Think of it always in that way. A gun is as good--- and as bad--- as the man who carries it. Remember that."
                                                   Shane

Missouri Marshal

The base is a folding metal sawhorse that detaches from the top for easier storage.  The cammo tarp is attached to the top.  Had one outside in the sun today and Silver Rings is right.  It gits pretty hot.  Shouldn't effect usage too much though.  You don't have to touch it to stage or git yur guns.  I jus wouldn't write a stage to "start with hands on the rocks" in the summer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com