Sodbuster Township

Started by Delmonico, May 23, 2006, 07:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trinity

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Ozark Tracker

you gonna need about 2 of them 24 packs of eggs and a 5 lb box of hash browns,  that oughta bout cover that meal.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Trinity

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Sod Buster

Seeing that this BBQ is missing the side dishes, Sod Buster starts cooking some butter beans (with plenty of butter), grilled corn on the cob, grilled sparrow grass, grilled summer squash, and baked potatoes ("e" for Dan Quayle).  Then he starts steaming some snap peas, broccoli, carrots, and pearl onions together. 

The aroma is wonderful.  ;D
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Delmonico

Despite the fact that the whole world made fun of the e on the end of potatoe, many older books use the e, I am not sure when it was dropped. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Sod Buster

Quote from: Delmonico on September 14, 2006, 09:51:00 AM
Despite the fact that the whole world made fun of the e on the end of potatoe, many older books use the e, I am not sure when it was dropped. ;D

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

"Potatoe" is an archaic spelling of the word potato. The Oxford English Dictionary lists potatoe as a variant form, with the most recent usage cited from 1880: "She found the parson in his garden..making a potatoe pie for the winter." However, it is considered a misspelling in modern English. Although the English plural potatoes is spelt with an "e," the singular form is not, and no dictionary considers potatoe to be an acceptable modern spelling.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Delmonico

The problem is with modern dictionarys is they ferget many words, mine don't have reloading press, handload and many other well used words like that.  So if they leave these out, why should I trust them on how to spell potatoe. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Trinity

Dan Quayle lives in modern times.  If he went to a backwards school that is none of our concern.  The correct spelling is POTATO... as in potato chips.  Mmmmmmmm! ;D

You probably won't find those words in a regular dictionary that comes in just one volume.  It is estimated that the English language is comprised of 990,000 words.

Ozark Tracker

well we could just have fried spuds.

Trinity

Dan Quayle would have spelled that:

Fryed Spuhds

;D

Arcey

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Ozark Tracker

or if he were still in office,  he might have appointed a oversight committe to study the impact the spelling might have on futher generations.

Delmonico

Well they gots words I don't use near as much as loading press and handloading. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Trinity

Ozark Tracker

Quote from: Trinity on September 14, 2006, 06:13:42 PM
Like Chartreuse?

no, not chartreuse, if'n you ever bass fished,  you always use chartreuse.

Trinity

I haven't.  What's chartreuse besides a color?

Delmonico

I tink it's just a French word for ugly green. ;D  Look it up in the dictionary and find out.  Taupe is French for mole, so my taupe vest is French mole colored.

Used ta be a place here in Lincoln downtown called the Chartruse Caboose, made good cheese steak samwhiches. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Trinity

Take tha vegetable matter off'n that samwich an' ya got a great meal!.  Mmmmmmmmmmmm!

Never knew that Taupe meant mole.  Interesting. ;D

Delmonico

Read that in The Old Farmers Almanac, seen there in at the store, should get me one. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com