Sodbuster Township

Started by Delmonico, May 23, 2006, 07:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sod Buster

Quote from: Ozark Tracker on June 11, 2006, 08:24:56 PM
Sod  Buster, boy I'm to have a meal tomorrow, bought some fresh greens beans and some new potatoes. can't hardly wait to get it started cooking in the morning, throw in a little pork and just wait for a good meal. 

Sounds good.  Fresh picked beans are great...mix them with some pork for flavor.....yum! 

I can almost live off the garden when everthing starts coming off.

Yup!  But don't let Trinity hear ya saying that.....he shys away from means that are all garden-grown. 
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Ozark Tracker

The neighbor brought by a little hog he just shot, asked if I wanted him. so I been skinning a little pig the last few minutes,  Don't know weather to bake him in the oven or put him out on the smoker?

he ought to be good either way, he weighed about 30 pounds before  the skinning.

anybody got an ideas.

We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Sod Buster

Quote from: Ozark Tracker on June 12, 2006, 10:01:06 PM
The neighbor brought by a little hog he just shot, asked if I wanted him. so I been skinning a little pig the last few minutes,  Don't know weather to bake him in the oven or put him out on the smoker?

he ought to be good either way, he weighed about 30 pounds before  the skinning.

anybody got an ideas.

I vote for the smoker....or a pit.

Delmonico

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Sod Buster

I don't know why they do this on a weekday but if'n you're not doin' anyting this Wednesday, come on down to the Virginia Pork Festival located at the Greensville Ruritan Club Grounds in Emporia, VA.

Go to www.vaporkfestival.com for more information.

Hey Arcey..it's only 102 miles from Virginia Beach!  :P

Arcey

It's ta keep the rif-raf like me away.

Know Emporia well.  We almost leased ah patch ah ground there fer a new range.  Didn't work out.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Sod Buster

The barley crop is being harvested. Who needs some?  Trinity?

Ozark Tracker

better save some for Del and we'll rig up the steam tractor with a grinder.  I got a load of wheat coming too, we want to supply him with enough cooking supplies to keep the food a coming.

litl rooster

Quote from: Sod Buster on June 13, 2006, 09:57:21 PM
The barley crop is being harvested. Who needs some?  Trinity?

Rolled ours in to hay same with the wheat.
Mathew 5.9

Trinity

Did someone say John Barleycorn? ;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Ozark Tracker

John Barleycorn Must Die: The War against Drink in Arkansas ...The story of the failed effort to outlaw alcohol in Arkansas

there was an exhibt in Little Rock, about a year ago, (title above) apparently that name was  popular in Arkansas.

Trinity

John Barlycorn will NEVER die! ;D ;D ;D

Boy am I ever glad the government of this FREE land has given up trying to tell other people how to live their lives. ::) ::) ::)
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Forty Rod

Damn, Trinity, what free land are you livin' in now?
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

litl rooster

Quote from: Forty Rod on June 14, 2006, 09:54:51 PM
Damn, Trinity, what free land are you livin' in now?

Thinks Trinity is slippin' a gear........It's a daily battle trying to keep freedm we were granted 200 years ago.

Mathew 5.9

Silver Creek Slim

Freedom from taxation.  ::)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Arcey

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

litl rooster

and the right to Arm Bears................... ;D ;D ;D
Mathew 5.9

Trinity

Don't you folks recognize sarcasm when you see it?  Geeeeez!

Speaking of sarchasm:  We just had our yearly insurance meeting yesterday.  I was and still am in a verrrrrrrry good mood.  >:( 

It seems that we have to fill out a "Health Profile" or we pay more next year.   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Oh, did I mention that the "Health Profile" is purely confidential and that neither the insurance company or my company will know any specific information about the individual?  Sounds good right up to the point where you have to fill in your name and SSN! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

So, instead of tackling the pharmaceutical companies (with their absurdly high prices and their free steak dinners for every doctor who issues prescriptions) or the free medical care for illegals or or or... they are looking for citizens to point their fingers at.   "Look!  Get him, he has diabetes.  He's the reason that your insurance is so high.  Attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sod Buster

Quote from: Trinity on June 14, 2006, 09:10:50 PM
John Barlycorn will NEVER die! ;D ;D ;D

Boy am I ever glad the government of this FREE land has given up trying to tell other people how to live their lives. ::) ::) ::)

Here in Sodbuster Township you are FREE to eat all of the veggies you can....barley too!  ;D

litl rooster

Veggies without Taxation  long live the King
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com