The Kingdom of Ozark Tracker

Started by Delmonico, May 23, 2006, 07:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozark Tracker

I'll just have to tan ya out a coon hide with the tail attached and you can compare.  we tanned out a Coyote with tail and face attached last year,  my son keeps saying he's gonna make him one of them coyote caps, with the face in the front and tail hanging down the back.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Trinity

Cool!  I've seen some injuns wearin' coyote hides before.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Ozark Tracker

He's got 2 or 3 different hides tanned and stretched he has hanging on his walls.  He's got a couple of coyotes, a coon and the biggest ground hog hide you've ever seen.

Trinity

Heck, I never knew groundhogs were as big as they were until I saw Groundhog Day.  Even then I thought it was a puppet until someone told me it wasn't.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Ozark Tracker

I thought I had a picture of the groundhog but I couldn't find it,  but they grow very large around here.

Trinity

Ozark Tracker

that one we skinned and tanned was ever bit that big maybe bigger,  the hide would almost cover your back.

Four-Eyed Buck

OT, We've got Ground hogs that large here. Couple years ago, had one in our side yard as big as our dachsie( 18lbs.). It was almost totally silver grey and when it ran you could see the coat moving in waves on it's sides. Wish I had a good shooting area again for them, loved to play AT&T with them( "Long distance is the next best thing to being there")...........Buck 8) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Ozark Tracker

Buck,  I moved here from  around Muskogee, Oklahoma.   I never had seen one till I got over here to Arkansas.  My son and daughter thought they were very big rats when they first saw them. ;D

about a quarter mile here behind the house is a clear cut in the forrest and a neighbors large pasture, about a half mile of open range. ,  I like to go over there in the winter and do some long range coyote shooting,  I've got a Ruger model 77,   22-250 that is a pretty good tool for that.

Trinity

Quote from: Ozark Tracker on August 26, 2006, 09:31:40 PM
that one we skinned and tanned was ever bit that big maybe bigger,  the hide would almost cover your back.
:o :o :o

Quote from: Ozark Tracker on August 27, 2006, 02:43:32 PM
Buck,  I moved here from  around Muskogee, Oklahoma.   I never had seen one till I got over here to Arkansas.  My son and daughter thought they were very big rats when they first saw them. ;D

about a quarter mile here behind the house is a clear cut in the forrest and a neighbors large pasture, about a half mile of open range. ,  I like to go over there in the winter and do some long range coyote shooting,  I've got a Ruger model 77,   22-250 that is a pretty good tool for that.

Why don't ya go over to 'Lanta.  My sister just reported that she learned that a coyote has been getting cats in the neighborhood and hers is now missing.   

Just about a month ago a rabid coyote came at two hikers in the park where I usually take walks. :o  I never knew that they were so quickly encroaching upon the populated eastern lands.  Even though it's forbidden, I'll be taking a little protection along next time I go.

Ozark Tracker

I saw a report on tv  this last week, it was over in the edge of Oklahoma,  one town is having problems with the coyotes coming into the new  neighborhoods,  there had been 8 or 9 little dogs reported killed and a few cats.

Trinity

Time to form a well armed militia ... against coyotes!

Ozark Tracker

they even have 2 cities over here that are having special deer hunts this year for deers in the city limits,  you can go there and use a bow & arrow to take up to 3 per person.

Trinity

I'm probably more dangerous with a bow and arrow than a gun. :-[

Ozark Tracker

they've had a big disscussion about that fact all summer, they finallly decieded  bow and arrow only,  no crossbows or anytning that might reach too far.

didn't want to lose too many residents :o :o

Trinity

I can see the logic there.  However, they've never seen me shoot.  >>Thannnnggg!  "OUCH!! ... Sorry!"<<

Ozark Tracker

2 or 3 years back, someone was hunting at one of the city parks, (special hunt to clean deers out of a town)  they were using a crossbow,  I guess someone missed, one of the arrows from the crossbow, penatrated a trailer house and stuck in the other wall. they had it on all the news reports.

since that time they said no more crossbows in town.  out here in the country it's alright. I have one I use

Ozark Tracker

With Slim charging Trinity money to eat and Del not cooking, Trinity and family end up at the potted meat factory about supper time,  Trinity finds the pile of bent cans that Ozark keeps for him and starts a small meal.  Sherlene finishes and starts looking for the kids and finds them with a new found friend.
and sees they are just like Trinity.

Trinity

" :o :o :o Whar'd the extry one come from!??"

Ozark Tracker

ya thought ya had another one there fer a second did't ya,  I think litl trinity met up with him down at the church nursery.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com