More from C.C.

Started by sweettooth, May 02, 2006, 09:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweettooth

Anybody notice Coyote Cap is now offiering a 93/97 shotgun .
What would the benifits of the 93/97 over a 97 be.
storm
usmc 67 70
dav
semper fi

Hedley Lamarr

There are claims of an advantage however, for SASS competition it is moot. It is not allowed.
Only 1897 original and replicas of the 1897 shotgun are allowed.
Hedley Lamarr
SASS #14478 ROII
~Aggravator Emeritus~
"Dashingly Corrupt"

Hell-Er High Water

The 93/97 would have the larger loading/ejector opening in the frame as the original M'93 had but with the strengthened improvements that the M'97 had.

Before you spend any money on this firearm I believe that it not allowed by SASS as I do not believe that it is a replica of a firearm that was ever offered commercially.  You need to check the SASS regulations to verify this but it would be worth while checking out.

This is my understanding of the situation and I look forward to any other input that others may have on this subject.

HHW

Doc Shapiro

What Hedley said.  With the last major change to the firearms rules, SASS outlawed every pump shotgun except the '97 and clones of the '97. 

That means this 93/97 that Cap is selling isn't allowed for SASS matches.

Doc

sweettooth

Thanks I was about to send my 50.00 and wait 6 months. I asked the same question on the wire and someone said a vendor has 800,000 tied up in these guns . I quess it will come down to how much weight C.C. swings with the Lords Of Law.
storm
usmc 67 70
dav
semper fi

E.R.Beaumont

Howdy Pards and Pardettes.

I don't know anything, but I think that they may be legal for W3Gun.  At the last big SASS party Cap took some proto-types in for the TGs to look at.  The TG' thought that it looked ok and said that they would approve it.  Then the SASS folks in charge said no.  I have heard that it is because Cap would not offer enough gifts.  I have also heard that it is because of one of the WB having heartburn with Cap.  There are those that say it is because the ejection port is too big.  I have no idea

There is also that there are Non-CAS folks that might want one, it would be ok for Ducks and a 16ga would be good for upland.  Cowboys is only a very small segment of the firearms buying public.  You don't think that the 1887 is only for CAS Shooters do you?  All of the Sci-Fi Terminator fans will want an "Arnold Shotgun".

There is also that the local clubs can let a Pard/Pardette shoot one if they wish. The SASS Rules only absolutely apply to SASS sanctioned matches.  I am thinking real hard about buying one just to have it.

Edit...Added part.  I don't know for sure but the'93 may have been more BP friendly than the '97.

That is all I think I know.
Regards, Beaumont
SASS Life#21319
NRA Life, Endowment
CCRKBA Life

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com