Author Topic: Extraction problem on 1887 Norinco (not Coyote Cap model)???  (Read 3149 times)

Offline Tangle Eye

• Top Active Citizen
    • Tangle Eye
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Extraction problem on 1887 Norinco (not Coyote Cap model)???
« on: March 27, 2006, 03:16:36 PM »
I used my new Norinco 1887 (05 serial number) for the first time Saturday and found a sort of unusual extraction problem I think. At least Curly Bill at Coyote Caps hadn't heard of it when I called today.

When shooting smokeless rounds loading 1 or 2 shells, extraction is just fine - always happens with no problems. But - when shooting black powder loads (once-fired AA hulls) with 2 loaded (one in the chamber and one on the carrier or in the magazine) the fired hull does not completely extract. It stops about half way out of the chamber (not a stovepipe - it doesn't get that far out) - both right or left extractors lose the hull at this point. When loading single shells extraction is fine and extraction of the last of 2 is fine. The problem only occurs using black powder (even the first shot fired after cleaning) when there is another shell on the carrier. I'm thinking it has something to do with the shell coming up from the carrier interfering with extraction is some way.

Anybody else seen this, heard of this or have a possible fix?  I'm supposed to talk with Coyote Cap later this week if I can catch up with him but wanted to get ideas/opinions here too.
Warthog, SBSS #506, Sons of Confederate Veterans Camp #219, NRA Life

Offline sweettooth

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Extraction problem on 1887 Norinco (not Coyote Cap model)???
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 03:46:54 AM »
 I have a coyote cap standard model with lever action job and tried Snap caps they would not extract. The gun came with a box top from Win. feather lites and the instructions said use only these. They  extract fine. His web site gives a long list of the problems with the  Lever action shotgun you might experience. It also gives the cure or fix. Several dealt with extraction problems. Have you tried his fixes . ?
storm
usmc 67 70
dav
semper fi

Offline Tangle Eye

• Top Active Citizen
    • Tangle Eye
  • Liked:
Re: Extraction problem on 1887 Norinco (not Coyote Cap model)???
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 09:21:34 PM »
I'm in contact with Cap now Sweettooth. Hopefully we can get this working.  I definitely works just fine with AA factory or reloaded (smokeless) stuff.
Warthog, SBSS #506, Sons of Confederate Veterans Camp #219, NRA Life

Advertising

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com