Author Topic: When is a .38 not a .38 ??  (Read 1984 times)

Offline EZWriter

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
When is a .38 not a .38 ??
« on: March 26, 2006, 01:06:01 AM »
Just bought an Uberti, yellowboy carbine in .38 spl to go with my recently converted pair of'58 Pietta Remmies in .36 cal
 which are  converted to .38 cal with Kirst converter cylinders.  Now then, My yellowboy shoots a straight .38 Special, round nose, flat point ( or so they tell me ) and my converted Remmies are supposed to shoot either .38 hollow base or heeled bullets to take up the difference in bore diameter.  My question is, can I shoot the same bullet in both. That is, use the Remmie ammo in the Yellowboy? I'd rather not have to worry when I'm at the loading table whether I'm loading the right ammo in the right gun.
Any and all advice is appeciated.
Thanks,
Lonesome Roads

Offline Wild Ben Raymond

• Wild Ben Raymond
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: When is a .38 not a .38 ??
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 06:41:00 PM »
Howdy! You can use the hollow base bullets in both your rifle & pistols but not the heel bullets. The hollow base allows the bullet to expand the skirt to engage the rifling of the larger bore dia. of your conversions to be able to shoot accuratly. Shooting them in a correct bore dia. barrel will not allow the skirt to expand but this does no harm, they will just shoot like normal bullets. Hope this helps, Wild Ben Raymond.

Offline EZWriter

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 02:07:14 AM »
Thanks for the advice Wild Ben. After I posted my question I browsed through some of the comments from some of the other fellas and someone (s) else had covered my question already; I shoulda checked before I posted I guess, huh.
Well, I'll try to get to the range this coming weekend and I'll keep your good advice in mind.
Lonesome Roads

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:51:24 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com