front sight

Started by sweettooth, March 24, 2006, 06:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweettooth

Who carries a replacement for the front sight on a 73 that has the brass bead ? couldnt find one at brownells and I sure like the brass bead on a my marlin .
       Please no fixes that involve cats             Truly                         Sweettooth
storm
usmc 67 70
dav
semper fi

Stump Water

Quote from: sweettooth on March 24, 2006, 06:59:56 PM
front sight on a 73

What is this thing of which you speak?

sweettooth

The front sight of a cimarron 1873 borde lever rifle is a black blade type . It is fastened with a small screw ro the octogon barrel
  This is such a popular weapn among cas shooters I am sure some one makes a front sight like a Marlin cowboy that has the brass bead , a lot easier to pick up a black target with. I found Pioneer gun works who offers competion ready 73 rifles says that their rifle has the brass bead. Just found this late last night , guess I better call them.  If I get any info I will pass it on, but if anyone already knows please tell me how to order one.                         Thank you  Sweettooth
storm
usmc 67 70
dav
semper fi

Driftwood Johnson

Marbles makes what you are looking for.

http://www.marblearms.com/sights/contour.html

You need to determine the height you want. There is a selection chart somewhere on the page. I have the 3/32" brass bead on my '73. Nice and big so I can pick it up easily.They are sold by Brownells. The screw on your front sight is only a tensioning screw. It is not fastening the sight in place. Once it is loosened, the sight can be driven out from the dovetail.
That's bad business! How long do you think I'd stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he'd pay me that much to stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

sweettooth

your the man driftwood . I certainly appreciate it. It seems every new firearm needs a little personal attention.
  Got any idea how to put a brass beed on 72 opentops?  Gratefully sweettooth
storm
usmc 67 70
dav
semper fi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com