Author Topic: General Questions and Answers  (Read 4140 times)

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • "To sing, to laugh, to dream, cock my hat, or gun"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
General Questions and Answers
« on: March 17, 2006, 08:48:21 AM »
Wal Ms? Eonich
      awl Ah kin say is thet Ah 'practice'  'most evry weekend with mah Ruger .45 old style Vaquero, 'n mah .45 Colt loadin Winchester, but Ah hev yit ta git shotgun, Ah'm a fair shot with mah OS Vaquero @ 10 meters/yards in durn good with mah Winchester.45 @ 25 yards avaragin 2 3" groups 'n thet's jus sightin in lasweek. Ah should bee gittin a Henry in .45 L. Colt this weekend  in ifin th hype kin bee believed than it should shoot better n mah .45 Colt Winchester! Which leads me to mah question(s).
  What is the minimum amount 'o ammunition one should bring ta a SASS match i.e. rifle 'n revolver? 'n
 two  It seems thet most 'cowboys 'n girls  o' taday shoot foregin guns 'stead o American, Ah'd be willin ta bet a silver dollar thet most cowboys/ girls in th west o the 1800s used American arms ta defend thar selves 'n thar property. "n Ah jest kan't see th need fer us ta be supportin foreginers 'stead o real American arms makers lik Winchester 'n Ithia 'n Savage arms ,n Remmington? As fer Colt wal they jest charge too much fer th average wageearner these days.
 O.K. Ah'm steppin off'n the soapbox now.
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242
"Never apologize Mr.; it's a sign of weakness."
Capt. Nathan Brittles {John Wayne} in "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon."

"A gun is  just a tool. No better and no worse than any other tool----- Think of it always in that way. A gun is as good--- and as bad--- as the man who carries it. Remember that."
                                                   Shane

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 11:18:35 AM »
Ah hev 'nother question, Ah axed it recent but got no reply, is thar a two (2) gun, rifle 'n revolver stage, competion @ a SaSS shoot? If so what it be called, 'n what r th rools fer ta enter?
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242

"A gun is  just a tool. No better and no worse than any other tool----- Think of it always in that way. A gun is as good--- and as bad--- as the man who carries it. Remember that."
                                                   Shane

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 12:15:29 PM »
Cyrille I think that NCOWS has a category like that but in every SASS match that I have been to you needed two pistols, a rifle and a shotgun.  Of course if you show up at a match I'm sure that the cowboys will make certain that you have enough guns to shoot the match.  Cowboys just love for someone else to shoot their guns.  :D

Here's a link to the NCOWS forum.

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php?board=3.0
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Advertising

Re: General Questions and Answers
« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:00:00 AM »

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 12:43:07 PM »
 Ah hav herd thet afore, but find it hard ta believe
Ah kinow thet in re-enactin  th War fer Southern Independence; one is discouraged in touchin another's gear an same goes fer 'Buckskinnin" n medieval re-enactin. Lessen th rules hav changed of late but really it's moor o a custom rather than a rool. look but don't touch unless invited.
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242

Shane

Offline Big Hext

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 01:02:08 PM »
If you run up and start grabbing someone's guns.. I think you'll have a problem.
If you are invited to touch or use the guns, then you'll find how willing folks are to share.

As for the rest.. folks used what they had.  Most weapons used to fight the War of Independance were from Britain.
CAS is a mature game.  It is what it is.. so either learn to enjoy it or find some other past time that is more suited to you.

Adios,

Thank you for being you.. Annie Lee!

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 01:03:15 PM »
Cyrille I can't tell you how many times I have seen people show up at matches just to watch and with no guns and end up with 2 pistols strapped on the hips, a rifle and shotgun on someone's gun cart and full ammo for the match.

Cowboys are the most generous, friendly bunch of people that I have ever had the privilege to be around.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 01:22:49 PM »
To Big Hext:
   Ah hev neva in awl th re-enactin ah hev don jes went 'n heped mahselve ta anothers belongins, ta paraphrase th "Duke" I will not be insulted, laid a hand on, or have my belongings rifled through, I do not do this to others and require the same of them," Nuff said!!!
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242

Shane

Offline Big Hext

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 01:39:43 PM »
Ok.. whatever you say..

Offline Driftwood Johnson

• Driftwood Johnson
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006, 01:50:18 PM »
Howdy Cyrille

This is not re-enactment, it is a fantasy shooting game. If you show up at a match with less than 2 pistols, a rifle, and a shotgun, you will find Cowboys tripping over themselves trying to loan you guns to use.
That’s bad business! How long do you think I’d stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he’d pay me that much to stop robbing him, I’d stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006, 02:10:04 PM »
Wal if thet's the sceneiro, the Ah look froward ta jinin y'all in th fall at one o yore shoots thet's when me 'n mah son plan ta go out west sumwhers Texas 'r Oklahoma 'n look sum SASS shoots up. O course thet all depends on if we survive the upcommon hurricane season.
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242

Shane

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 11:21:17 AM »
 I have a question, if I were to buy an Ithaca shotgun SxS in the future in whatever ga. except, of course, .410 would that particular firearm be acceptical to SASS/CAS/ competition ?
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242

Shane

Offline Big Hext

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 12:13:24 PM »
I have a question, if I were to buy an Ithaca shotgun SxS in the future in whatever ga. except, of course, .410 would that particular firearm be acceptical to SASS/CAS/ competition ?
20 gauge and up.  No ejectors for SASS.

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2006, 12:48:26 PM »
Thank you Mr. Hext, if Ithaca has one in the correct gage with no ejectors That's what I'll purchase somewhere 'down the line' BUY American!!
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242

Shane

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com