Author Topic: Lower Recoil .45 Commercial Loads?  (Read 9249 times)

Offline ColonelFlashman

• Thank'ee! And Damn Your Eyes.
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • '73 N.W.M.P. Field Uniform, Assit. Commis.
    • "Sir Harry Flashman's Memiors"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lower Recoil .45 Commercial Loads?
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 06:42:03 PM »
Don't worry about it Cyrille.  Just different people expressing different opinions.  It's what makes the world go around. 

Flashman I tend to think of CAS as a fantasy sport and prefer to participate in SASS rather than NCOWS because I think that the people in SASS take things just a little bit less serious.  Even in NCOWS you are living out a fantasy to some extent.  Steel targets don't really need killing they just gotta go clang.

I keep a shotgun in the corner of my bedroom for home defense and a 9mm auto in my desk drawer for defensee during the day when no one else is home.  I tend to think that for someone to be able to use the claim of self-defense for shooting someone that the person is going to need to be within 6 feet or so.  There's not a gun or a load in my house that I would worry about not doing sufficient damage to someone within the proximity for self-defense to be a valid claim.

My opinion.

Eonich

Read my Response in my Other post for my thoughts on the subject, I state them Rather Clearly & even the most set in their ways indivdual will understand where I & Others are coming from.

You're missing my Point as usual. It may be Just a "What If" Scenerio, but it is a Very real one. Would you Really wish to Rely on  Specially Loaded, Mouse Fart Target Loads to Save your life "IF" your Single Action were the "Only" thing you could get to @ the time?
Clangers are Not Knock-Down Tagets that Need to be Knocked Down in order to be counted as a Hit, Squib Loads blocking up a Barrle are Very Real Accident Waiting to Happen as well.
Colonel Sir Harry Paget Flashman VC KCB KCIE USMH;
Colonel 17th Lancers Staff Political Officer;
Staff Corp Commander & D.o.P. Command Staff
WartHog, Pistolero & Mounted Shootist
 :uk:  :usa:  :canada:  :dixie:  :ausie:

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Lower Recoil .45 Commercial Loads?
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 06:49:08 PM »
No Colonel, you're missing my point.  I know without a doubt that my six shooter is NOT the only gun that I have.  I also know without a doubt that if it were it is perfectly capable of doing the job as is my ammo.

The "Gamsters" mind-set of Shooting our sport is the Same as those that shoot other shooting disaplines, "Win @ All Costs" even if it means using Dubious Methods w/ in the Rules w/o actually breaking them.

I also don't feel that you should be questioning the morals of everyone who plays the game in a different manner than you do.  This thread is now locked.

“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com