Union gear

Started by Capt, Woodrow F. Call, February 10, 2006, 08:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt, Woodrow F. Call

We have a new member in Grenland Gunslingers Norway, and he is looking for authentic north'ern civil war wear,
his alias name is Lt: John J Dunbar, as in the movie Dances with wolves.

Is there someone how has some websites, where he can get real and authentic wear....he is looking for complete dress that Kevin Costner is using in the movie.

BR
Capt: W F. Call
SWS # 1014
Grenland Gunslingers # 0001
Cowboy Mounted Shooters Norway #005
'The Cowboys' Trail Riding Society of Telemark 2009. # 003
Member of The Chuckwagon society, Sweden.

Silver Creek Slim

Fall Creek Suttlery specializes in US CW clothes, weapons, etc.
http://www.fcsutler.com/

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Major 2

I'll ecko Andy Falks at Fall Creek we been friends for years.
Also John Holmes @ Kissimmee River Depot
kissimmeeholmes@aol.com
when planets align...do the deal !

Camille Eonich

Check out Blockade Runners.  http://www.blockaderunner.com/Catalog/catalog.htm

I can vouch for the quality of their products as well as the authenticity, they have a small museum in the store that provides patterns for items, and their prices are very nice.
"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

Micheal Fortune

Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Capt, Woodrow F. Call

Many Thanks.

He is working as we speak.....with ordering his Lt: dress 8)

He sends his regards to all of you.

For Lt: John J Dunbar Grenland Gunslingers.

BR
Capt: Call
SWS # 1014

Major 2

has the Lt. armed himself with the 51 Navy and Henry rifle ?

Just curious ....

Capt, Woodrow F. Call

:D :D
Howdy Major.

a....not yet, he has bougth from me a 1860 army 44 cal, but he must past the course and application berfore he can get it. 
He has tryed out my Henry, ( it's not for sale ;)) he's eyes get very.......how shell i put it!!....like a hangover ;D...tearfull eyes :D

ooooboy he gone bye one....but it's very expensive here, the price is around 1000-1200 $, he is spending around a couple of thousen dollars on complete dress with sword, and complete Mc'Cellan saddle.

I dont think he has tryed out 51 mod yet, but i gone make real shure he get's 8)

Capt Call
SWS # 1014

Major 2

1860 Army that's my gun of choice ... "he must past the course and application before he can get it" ??
is that a law in Norway ?

As a mounted reenactor some 28 years , I understand the cost of the equipment...
I 'll  give you two great sources for McClellan's ...David Carrico a vendor here at CAS City & Border States Leather Works /Doug Kidd.
Both are good friends, and both build fine reproduction McClellan's. Tell them I sent you.
I built probably two dozen of them myself.
The cost of a Henry here in the States, is about the same as you quoted, around $1100 NIB.

Hook your friend up with the Henry Forum & the Storm Forum here at CAS City,  lots of good info there.

Capt, Woodrow F. Call

Yes, it is the law, first he must be a member for 6 month, and then he can get the application from the police to get the gun's he needs.
The law is good, but in the otherhand, we cowboys how shoot much have good relations with the police here, that is in our favour 8) so we have no problems with it.

I will give him your recomands for M'Clellan, and help him to find the rigth size for his horse,   
infact he has a Icelandic-Horse, it is small,
but do you think he can get a saddle for that kind of a horse. ???

I tryed to say to him, bay a bigger horse....not this Lava-lama :D,( do you think this fine northen officers ride's this kind of horse,... i don't think so :D).

I will visit him this weekend, and hook him to the forum......he needs it 8)

As a mounted reenactor some 28 years

It seems exiting......i have been riding just 10 years now, and next year i will start with mountedshooting.
In the fall 2004 i was in Idaho Couer'D Alene, and visiting my family there, i dont get time to saddle up for a weekend in the wild, but mabye in the Fall 2006-07 i gone travel to Oregon, then i gone make shure i stay 1 week in the saddle 8)

If you have some pictures of saddles, is it possible for you to send some over via email, Lt Dunbar ask me, to ask you.

BR
Call.

SWS # 1014

Major 2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com