new 1858 remington

Started by Cannon Fodder, February 07, 2006, 05:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cannon Fodder

"Gentlemen, I think I am one of the new members. I just got an  1858 uberti remington in 44/45  in millinium finish from taylors. I also got an r & d conversion cylinder in fluted nickel. I think it looks good against the matte black finish. Everything seems to fit good. I put about 75  cowboy loads in 45lc and 45 schofield  through it last  week  with good results. Maybe some white grips? any ideas? Best,CannonFodder.

Boots McCrackin

Howdy Cannon Fodder. Maybe you can get someone to make you some nickel or sterling silver grips. Just a thought. That would look wild.
SASS# 69483

Oldelm

Hey Cannon Fodder,.......welcome aboard! :)

Sounds like you're startin things off real good,.....yea, white, or imitation Ivory grips would look good with that contrast that's already going on with cyl. & frame. Jigged bone sanded down like the Marshall did would look real good, too. How do you like the Schofield round?  I like shootin those with 27gr FFg  under a 200gr  Big Lube bullet.

Marshal Will Wingam

Good to see you posting, Cannon Fodder. Welcome.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SFT

I believe Gripmaker grips produces the ivory polymer types for the 58 frame, also in the stag-lite polymer as well.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, it's my mind that I miss the most!
SASS# 35973, BOLD #557, Tejas Caballeros, Texican Rangers and TSRA

Marshal Will Wingam

The gripmaker Stag is good-looking.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SFT

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on July 30, 2006, 09:46:56 PM
The gripmaker Stag is good-looking.

Sure is!  How long has your 58 worn those grips?
Of all the things I've lost over the years, it's my mind that I miss the most!
SASS# 35973, BOLD #557, Tejas Caballeros, Texican Rangers and TSRA

Cannon Fodder

SFT and others,

Thanks for the posts.  The stag  Gripmakers  sure look good. I have acquired  a Pietta  1858 to go along with my Uberti  originally posted.

Maybe I will go this direction.

Cannon Fodder

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com