Author Topic: Derringer i found  (Read 2945 times)

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Derringer i found
« on: February 05, 2006, 11:14:58 PM »
I came across a derringer in 22lr.Thought it was a Franzite but found out that is only the name of the grips,fuax ivory,white anyway.Over and under both 22 lr.it has a little lever on the side that slides down then the barrels swing up,then has a slider that you pull on to hand eject the spents.Model number is 10813 made in Germany,never did see a makers name on it.Believe i could get it for 150-200 dollars but have know idea on the value of such.Anybody have a clue?By the way has a nice tooled little holster that goes with it,snap over strap.Thanks GCRICK..
Also slightly used nice condition,been stored for awhile..
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Howdy Doody

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Derringer i found
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 12:33:18 PM »
Sorry, I don't know the answer to the question. Funny it wouldn't have some kind of name or model stamped on it. The serial number visable? It may all be under the grips then. Derringers are small and they are dangerous if a novice were to put a two hand hold on and get a finger in front of a barrel. I have a cheapo Davis myself. I wish Bonds were legal in this state. I like my old H&R breaktop better.
Funny, but for the past couple years I can't remember a pocket pistol as part of a stage. Clubs that want to have a pocket pistol written into a stage generally need to supply one, so that those with out a pocket pistol can still shoot the stage. I do not even take mine with me any more. Carry one for decoration and you have to clear it at every stage. A major bother, but they look great.
Say, I looked for you and was hoping you would come on out to the shoots this weekend. It was overcast both days at 5 Dogs, but we had a good sized crowd. Next time maybe.
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 04:09:29 PM »
I came across a derringer in 22lr.Thought it was a Franzite but found out that is only the name of the grips,fuax ivory,white anyway.Over and under both 22 lr.it has a little lever on the side that slides down then the barrels swing up,then has a slider that you pull on to hand eject the spents.Model number is 10813 made in Germany,never did see a makers name on it.Believe i could get it for 150-200 dollars but have know idea on the value of such.Anybody have a clue?By the way has a nice tooled little holster that goes with it,snap over strap.Thanks GCRICK..
Also slightly used nice condition,been stored for awhile..

Could be a Rhom. A German copy of the Remington over and under Derringer originally made  in .41 rimfire. If that's the case, it's not  made of steel but of some kind of alloy, only the barrels are steel inserts. But then again .22lr is not a very powerfull cartridge. ::)

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:29:30 PM »

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 04:24:15 PM »
Rohm, RG and a whole host of German makers produced these things from the late '50's on.

Quality varies.

Typically - they're of zinc/potmetal construction - with some aluminum from time to time - and they feature steel barrel liners.

Value runs under $100 - often - way under.

The larger-bored ones were in .38 Special - and sometimes those were made of steel.
The maker of those would often sleeve them for .22LR.

Pawn Shops and Gun Shows almost always have several, should you be looking.

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 04:25:38 PM »
Ya know Thumbs,that is what i thought right off,a copy of a Rem.,and now that ya mention it,it didn't have a strong blue steel look,more like an alloy as you stated.
 Howdy,my apologies i tried but the weather killed my back,i am doin all i can do to keep from more surgery and i would not have made very good company just ask my wife.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 07:04:55 PM »
Thank You St.Goerge,i apreciate your knowledge,probably saved me some el casho.
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com