Author Topic: Reloads For Rifle  (Read 4042 times)

Offline Coyote Tim

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Reloads For Rifle
« on: February 02, 2006, 02:27:18 AM »
I've been using 5.0 grs of Titegroup with 200 gr or 230 gr bullets for my 45 pistols. Will these loads work in the 24" barrel Uberti Yellowboy? If not does anyone have a good load using Titegroup? Thanks.
SASS # 69135
"Better judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Offline Jax Orebetter

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Jax's Poker Table
  • Liked:
Re: Reloads For Rifle
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 07:36:15 AM »
That load should work just fine. When I was shooting smokeless, that was the same load I used. You'll get some blowback in the rifle, causing some black residue on the cases, because the load doesn't have enough pressure to expand the case to fully seal the chamber. But that is true with most of the loads that we use in CAS. Load 'em up and have some fun!! ;D
Time to fold,
Jax Orebetter
~WARTHOG~

Lars

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 07:43:26 AM »
Go to the Hodgdon webbsite and find their recommended load limits for this powder, this cartridge, the bullets you have. Then load strictly within those limits. You will likely get best results with a load near the top of the recommended limits.

Lars

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:06:23 AM »

Offline Silver_Rings

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gunfighter who shoots for fun.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 01:31:07 PM »
I used 5.2 gr of Titegroup with 250 gr bullet for pistol and Win 73 rifle for year and they worked fine.  ;D ;D  I'm currently using Bullseye powder that I've had around for 20+ years just to use it up.  I'll probably work my way through the other pistol powders I've been carting around for 20+ years before buying any new powder.   ;)

I think I still have Dupont PB, Unique, Win 231 and who knows what else.

SR
Gunfighter, SASS 27466, NRA Life, GOFWG, BOSS, RO 1, RO 2

Offline Coyote Tim

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 02:26:03 AM »
I tried the 5.0 gr Titegroup/ 200 gr. Lazer Cast bullets today and they seem to work fine out of the pistol and rifle. I may experiment with some 230 gr bullets but I sure wish I had access to a chronograph(?).
SASS # 69135
"Better judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • "To sing, to laugh, to dream, cock my hat, or gun"
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 06:49:32 PM »
I have a similar question; I recently gained possession of a Winchester '94 "Trail's End" in .45 Cal. and I was wondering what would be a good load to push a 250 Grain RNFP N.B.C. Z bullet? I use Titegroup in my .45 cal. Old style Vaqueros any where from 6.0 to 6.3 grains behind a 200 grain RNFP. Any information will be greatly apprecated.
                                                                                                       Cyrille
"Never apologize Mister, it's a sign of weakness" Capt. Nathan Brittles [John Wayne] in "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon"
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242
"Never apologize Mr.; it's a sign of weakness."
Capt. Nathan Brittles {John Wayne} in "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon."

"A gun is  just a tool. No better and no worse than any other tool----- Think of it always in that way. A gun is as good--- and as bad--- as the man who carries it. Remember that."
                                                   Shane

Offline Ozarks Ranger

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 06:28:06 PM »
Cyrell,  we ain't supose ta put reloading stuff on the wire and all I'm saying is I was useing win primers, 5.8 gr of bullseye and had real good luck with it only had 1 missfire in four years (was not a squib) bad primer I guess. I am now using 200 gr bullet, 6 gr acurate #2 and have shot 1000 so far with no problems both loads are from the book and the accurate book only shows one Cowboy load (above).

Information only
Snake Eyes
Stand up for whats right , even if your standing alone
Intro To CAS instructor
RO11,
WARTHOG
BOLD 291
SBSS,   RATS #250

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 11:19:10 PM »
Thanks "Snake eyes" I really apprecate yore reply. but I kinda figgured thet I'd start with 5.5 T.G. 'n work up r down frum there til I git sumthin mI ken live with (no pun intended)

"Never apologize Mr. it's a sign of weakness" Capt. Nathan Brittles in She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242

"A gun is  just a tool. No better and no worse than any other tool----- Think of it always in that way. A gun is as good--- and as bad--- as the man who carries it. Remember that."
                                                   Shane

Offline Stump Water

• I ain't gonna worry about it.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 10:21:29 PM »
Well heck Cy,  why don't ya try some o' them "pistol" boolits in yer rifle? 

Offline Llano County

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 10:57:36 PM »
I use 200gr RNFP bullets for my pistol cartridges and 250gr RNFP bullets in my rifle cartridges. I tried the 200gr in my rifle, but like Jax Orebetter said, you get some blowback residue on the cases and into your face. The 250gr seals better. I use 5.4gr of W231 in both cartridges.
Llano County
Indian Terr. (Oklahoma)
NCOWS No. 1480

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 05:27:29 AM »
Thanks "Stump Water" I've had a little trouble findin Winchester "cowboy loads" ta xsperament with todate but mah shootin range boss says he'll hav sum soon, can't wait!!!
 To Llano County Jr.
    Thanks fer yore input, yer load isn't too diffrent frum mine 250 RNFP; 5.4 gr o w231 'n mine bein 250 gr RNFPZ n 5.5 gr o T.G.
       Ah really appreciate th feedback fellers gives this greenhorn sumthin to rumenate over.

CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242

Shane

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com