Can I use Laser-Cast bullets

Started by Ranger Popp, January 29, 2006, 09:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger Popp

Can I use laser-cast lead and silver alloy bullets for reloading CAS bullets. Thanks Pards

Howdy Doody

Sure you can. They used to be sponsors of many matches and such. I won a box with about 500 158gr bullets that I shot in 38spl cases a number of years ago and they shot very well. They have many differnet bullets and weights for CAS use. They probably still have a big ad in the CC   :)
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Ranger Popp

Thanks Howdy. And are you the same Howdy Doody I watched on Cowboys featuring the western 3 gun? If so can I have your autograph.

Four-Eyed Buck

Yep, that's the ol' wooden head himself...... 8) ;D ;D ;D
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Standpat Steve

Howdy Ranger Popp,

You surely can use them, and they even have cowboy loads available for them in their literature. Make sure that you load them with enough 'oompf' so that when they hit the steel plates they disintigrate! They're brittle and need some velocity to be safe for shooters, under-powered might bounce back rather than break apart. I have used them for at least five years, and I'm very happy with them.
Standpat Steve, SASS #113, NCOWS #1468

Wills Point Pete

The olny time you will have big trouble with the Laser Cast bullets is if you decide to move to the dark side. The alloy is too hard for the low pressures of black powder and it is the wrong lube.

Greeenriver

I used them in my 45's, 32's, and 44's for about three  years till I found a better porice from another supplyer. I shoot in Frontier Ctg using APP for powder, and had no problems with them at all.

They are alwo a hard enough bullet to make a good hunting round for the above listed calibers. Used them in the 44mag and the 45lc for Deer and got one shot kills if I did my part like I should. This was in both carbine length rifles and in pistols.

They are a good qualith bullet IMHO.

Greeenriver
Very few of life's problems cannot be addresed by a suitable application of high explosives

Never forgive, never forget

E.R.Beaumont

Howdy Pards/Pardettes.

Not only can you use them for shooting cowboy, you can also use them for shooting warewolves. 

Beaumont
SASS Life#21319
NRA Life, Endowment
CCRKBA Life

Big John Denny

Well, Evil Roy and Holy Terror use them. Why not you.
Big John Denny, SASS 64775
US Army Retired
Los Vaqueros
BOLD #661
GOFWG #240
SBSS #1780 (Order of the Golden Bullet)
NMLRA
NRA
"Aim small....Miss small"

Howdy Doody

Quote from: Ranger Popp on January 29, 2006, 08:04:57 PM
Thanks Howdy. And are you the same Howdy Doody I watched on Cowboys featuring the western 3 gun? If so can I have your autograph.

Puppets can't write, just jabber jaw. My autograph isn't worth spit, I just got in the way of the camera is all. Of course there is a ton of my memorabilia on Ebay.  ;D ;D ;D
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Coyote Tim

Quote from: Standpat Steve on January 29, 2006, 10:17:07 PM
Howdy Ranger Popp,

You surely can use them, and they even have cowboy loads available for them in their literature. Make sure that you load them with enough 'oompf' so that when they hit the steel plates they disintigrate! They're brittle and need some velocity to be safe for shooters, under-powered might bounce back rather than break apart. I have used them for at least five years, and I'm very happy with them.

I've been using them but I haven't shot any steel targets yet. What caliber and powder do you use?
SASS # 69135
"Better judged by 12 than carried by 6"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com