Movie Henry's

Started by Major 2, January 20, 2006, 09:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

will52100

Thanks Jrw8214, I couldn't rember, except that it had a brass reciever and looked like a Henry.  Could have sworn it was a henry, but then it's been a few years to say the least.
Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms

Jrw8214

No problem. I remembered it cause i thought it was really cool. Im a fan of the George A. Romero '..of the Dead' films and i always thought that was cool when the characters barricade themselves and find a supply of guns and ammo to defend themselves.

There was also a shortlived tv show called Firefly, that the movie Serenity was based on. They had quite a few western guns even though it was supposed to take place a few hundred years in the future. I recall a few episodes where characters used Henry's and Winchesters. As a matter of fact the 'warrior woman' character on the show used a Mare's leg and a 1860 Snubnose as a backup.

To the gentlemen who mentioned what the Cartrights used on the first season of Bonanza. Are there any photos/stills around? I'd love to see them use those guns. Ive seen one episode from the early seasons in black and white(i think) and i noticed when Joe pulled his revolver(on his father as a matter of fact) it was a Navy. 

Jacob

Long Johns Wolf

Agree full heartedly: The Journeyman is a great but different movie for the story, the actors and the guns. One of my favorites.
Bootsie
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

will52100

I'm a scifi fan, but never did see the firefly series, maybe should get it on dvd, realy liked Serenity and noticed there weopons were western oriented, especialy the captains fast draw.

Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms

Major 2

Here is one obscure one for ya... :)

There is one episode of Miami Vice circa 1985.....

The bad guy is a gun smuggler ....  AK's , Uzy's , Mac 9's Etc. he also has a vault of antiques.
I can tell you all of the cased Auto weapons were non-firing replicas.
The antiques in his personal collection including the Henry on the wall, were mine.
I was one of the Art Directors on the shows first & second seasons.
I left to do the North & South 1 & 2 Mini Series.
when planets align...do the deal !

Jrw8214

Will,
You should definately get it. Its one of my favorite shows. You'll be hooked.

Jacob

Major 2

Another sighting ...
Tribute to a Bad Man (1956)  James Cagney carries a Henry. Toward the end when Cagney dismounts you will get a good look at what must be a original Henry (being it's 1956).
Definitely a Henry, not a Hollywood Henry (re 92 Win without the forestock)

Henry4440

Quote from: Major 2 on January 24, 2008, 07:18:54 AM
Another sighting ...
Tribute to a Bad Man (1956)  James Cagney carries a Henry. Toward the end when Cagney dismounts you will get a good look at what must be a original Henry (being it's 1956).
Definitely a Henry, not a Hollywood Henry (re 92 Win without the forestock)

Here is an old movie poster.

;)

Blue Jacket

Wasn't Clint Walker in a movie called Fort Dobbs or someting like that and he had a bunch of Henrys he was taking to the fort?

Henry4440

Quote from: Blue Jacket on January 24, 2008, 02:19:05 PM
Wasn't Clint Walker in a movie called Fort Dobbs or someting like that and he had a bunch of Henrys he was taking to the fort?

Yip, and a beautiful Virginia Mayo  ;D

But i think they were '92 Winchesters.
;)

Dusty Morningwood

Quote from: will52100 on October 26, 2006, 06:55:27 PM
Thanks Jrw8214, I couldn't rember, except that it had a brass reciever and looked like a Henry.  Could have sworn it was a henry, but then it's been a few years to say the least.

I think I recall it being a 92.  'Course, it might have been a 94.  Was not a 73, fer sure.

Buck Stinson

You'll not see many original Henry's in any movies, but Joel McCrea used an original in the movie "Union Pacific" in 1939 and Hoss Cartright used an original in several of the very first "Bonanza" episodes.  Henry Fonda used an original when he played the mountain man in " How The West Was Won".   James Cagney also used an original in "Tribute To A Badman" in 1956.  I'm sure there are a few more, especially in the earlier days of Hollywood, but I can't think of any off hand.

Adios,
Buck

kurt250

two movies with henry's 1)union pacific 1939. and the best for old original henrys and original guns.  arizona, with jean arthur and william holden. movie is out in dvd and is full of great old guns, henrys, hall rifles starr pistols revolving rifles. they are all real too. was shot in old tucson arizonia. the movie is worth the price for the old guns alone, also good story.  :D

The Avocado Kid

I watched a movie tonight called "Pony Soldier" with Tyrone Power released in 1952 so it was filmed in 1951 in Arizona,looks like Sedona.... anyway, Tyrone Power has a "66"yellowboy and it has to be orig.but it looks as if it's a brand new Uberti replica...it's a rifle. He(Tyrone Power) in one sceen chuck's the rifle up and on too a huge boulder that he is climbing...I about wet my pants when I saw this! I guess they really didn't care if he put a-lot of dings on this orig.rifle and he was shooting the rifle so it must have been modifed to shoot centerfire blanks????
"Holy smokes thats a lot of Indians!!".....General George Armstrong Custer 7th Cavalry

Henry4440

Two rode together, with James Stewart, Richard Widmark and Henry Brandon.

Btw, didn't know that Brandon was born 1912 in Berlin.

;)

Major 2

That's Henry Brandon alright and a Hollywood Henry , but the photo is from his Chief Cicatrice "Scar persona" from the Searchers is it not ?

The Avocado Kid

"Holy smokes thats a lot of Indians!!".....General George Armstrong Custer 7th Cavalry

Henry4440

Quote from: Major 2 on February 13, 2008, 04:03:38 PM
That's Henry Brandon alright and a Hollywood Henry , but the photo is from his Chief Cicatrice "Scar persona" from the Searchers is it not ?

Sorry, but you both are wrong.It's from Two Rode Together.
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDReviews22/two_rode_together_dvd_review.htm
;)
Henry Brandon's real name was:Heinrich von Kleinbach

The Avocado Kid

Quote from: Henry4440 on February 14, 2008, 12:31:03 AM
Sorry, but you both are wrong.It's from Two Rode Together.
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDReviews22/two_rode_together_dvd_review.htm
;)
Henry Brandon's real name was:Heinrich von Kleinbach

Dam...you are correct.

Major 2

Yep... Henry is some 6 years older in " Two Rode Together"  but looks almost exactly the same in both
right down to the shell rosette around his neck....and the red blanket like Look's....

Stewart's hat trivia in Two Rode Together , seems to have more meaning , when taken in that context.

InThe Searchers Henry wore red & yellow lined war paint as the Comanche "Scar" I have not seen Two Rode Together for some time..
I had forgotten him as Quanah Parker and the red spot war paint.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com