Movie Henry's

Started by Major 2, January 20, 2006, 09:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Morningwood

Quote from: Major 2 on February 13, 2008, 04:03:38 PM
That's Henry Brandon alright and a Hollywood Henry , but the photo is from his Chief Cicatrice "Scar persona" from the Searchers is it not ?
Just watched The Searchers the other night and was thinking the same thing.  But did not recall a scene with a Henry - Hollywood or otherwise.  Brandon probably had his favorite kit, just like Duke.

Fox Creek Kid

Burt Lancaster used a "Hollywood" Henry in "The Scalphunters" I believe.  ???  Maybe one of you fellas could post a still from the movie.

Marshal Deadwood

Long thread and I been away a bit,,so haven't read it all..this movie may have already been menitoned.
'The Missing' with Kate Blanchard and T.L. Jones has some '66's and '73's...not sure about 'Henrys'...might have to peek at it again today and see.

MD

Judge Roy Bean

Going back to Tribute To A Bad Man, near the beginning of the film when James Cagney is shooting from behind his horse.
He reloads his Henry but he pulls a tube up from under the barrel and loads like you do with a .22 ?
I have never seen that before.#2 Henry Brandon in the scene near the end of The Searchers when Martin 's in the tepi with Debbie Chief Scar enters he leaver's 73 RIFLE and Martin shoots him.
Texas & Miss Lilly.
  shoot"em"first hang "em" later.

Forty Rod

Watched Shenandoah (SP?) tonight for the first time.  1965 movie with Jimmy Stewart and a whole passel of names as the Anderson family...all carrying '92 Winchesters with the front wood removed and the receivers colored gold.

Also found out most of the CW was fought with trapdoor Springfields.

Right fine movie in spite of a few little things like that.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Steel Horse Bailey

Howdy!

I'm with you, 40.  I like 'bout ANYTHING with Mr. Stewart in it.

Same for Mr. Ben Johnson.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Forty Rod

Yep.  Throw in Katherine Ross and Rosemary Forsyth and it's a true winner.  ;D
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

The Avocado Kid

I watched Shenandoah as well and yep,Hollywood henry's were in there....I always remember the part where they are fighting over the cow and both sides had 45/70 trapdoors and James Best gets it right between the eyes.
"Holy smokes thats a lot of Indians!!".....General George Armstrong Custer 7th Cavalry

kurt250

i remember in 1963 my grandfather took  me to west coast firearms in burbank or cluver city, i don't remember which. he was freind with the asst manager there and used to go over there to help him out getting old guns repaired for movies. wile we were there i saw a shelf that had at least 10 real henrys. that place was something else. guns everwhere. but i do remember that a lot of them were beat to junk and were beyond shooting. some of the had been painted to make them look better. i also remember see a bucket full of dieael oil with a pile of colt ssa's and some la mate revolvers soaking in it. would love to go back there now.kurt250

Steel Horse Bailey

It WOULD be cool to go back there, but the thought of all those poor, mistreated guns gives me the shivers! 

That's Hollyweird.  Kinda makes ya wanna shake ol' Aldo's hand.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Driftwood Johnson

Howdy Boys

I've posted this before, but I think I'll mention it again. The Man From Laramie, with James Stewart was on again a couple of nights ago. I made a point to watch the scene where the old lady rancher fires a shot from her wagon. She is holding a real Henry. I don't know if she actually fired it, that could have been off scene, but I got a real good look at the rifle, and there is no question it was a real Henry. Barrel and magazine all made from one bar of steel, no Hollywood Henry this time. Real nice patina on the brass frame. And she even rolled it over so I could plainly see the underside of the carrier and the slot up the bottom of the magazine. Forgot to look and see what the postion of the follower was, though. Maybe next time. Might even be worth investing in the DVD.
That's bad business! How long do you think I'd stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he'd pay me that much to stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

Chance

Battle at Apache Pass with Audie Murphy used '92s made up without forends to look like Henrys.

Chance

Judge Roy Bean

The Burt Lancaster's underrated film UFORGIVERN Hollywood Henry's but real Sharp's carbines.
Texas & Miss Lilly.

Judge Roy Bean

Another one I just rememberd The Red Headed Stranger with Willie Nelson he got a Henry in that one,
A good film as well.
Texas & Miss Lilly.

Tuolumne Lawman

Another recent Hallmark Movie "The Outsider" the protagonist has a Henry and falls in love with an Amish (or something similar).  In fact, several hallmark movies have had Henry rifles in them.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Dusty Morningwood

A movie where I think they were just pandering to us Henry lovers was Legends of the Fall.  In the scene where they were teaching Samuel's new girlfriend to shoot, Samuel has a Henry.  Since this is around 1915 and the family is pretty well-to-do, I suspect he would not have pulled an old Henry (uh hmmm) out to impress his gal!  ::)

Steel Horse Bailey

Howdy!

I was just watching re-runs of the Sci-Fi Channel series "Jericho."  It's about the US after a Terrorist Nuke attack.  In several different shows where the townfolk are defending the town from marauders, one guy is carrying a Henry!  I've seen it at least twice (2 different episodes), and I didn't notice a loading gate - and it DID look like the mag tube was right for an (Uberti) Henry!  Not Olde West - but it does take place in Kansas!

Driftwood Johnson

Howdy Again Boys

Watched The Tall T with Randolph Scott last night. In the opening scenes he is carrying a '92 with the fore stock removed.

Fox Creek Kid: You are correct, Burt was carrying a '92 with the fore stock removed in the Scalp Hunters. It must have been a very good one because he shoots two birds on the wing with it. Sorry, I don't have a picture to post.

That's bad business! How long do you think I'd stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he'd pay me that much to stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

Fox Creek Kid

"The Scalphunters" was on the Western Channel recently. It was that movie that I saw at the theater as a little tyke that started my interest in a Henry. RIP Burt.

Bill Durvin

Don't know if this has been mentioned already, but I remember a 1972 TV movie "The Bravos", starring George Peppard who is  a cavalry commander whose son is kidnapped by Indians.  In one scene he is on a mountain top (after rescuing his son) and is in a "shoot out" with the  Indians - a group of cavalrymen come to his rescue - and a cavalry officer calls up to George Peppard and asked him what he has - he answers "A Henry that shoots low!" .  The other officer uses a new "secret weapon" - a .50/70 Springfield.  I don't remember if the "Henry" is real or "Hollywood" - perhaps someone else knows?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com