Robert E. Lee Birthday

Started by Ozark Tracker, January 16, 2006, 06:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozark Tracker

Well I haven't seen a single post today about the annual holiday,   Robert E. Lee's  birthday.  We foound out when we moved to Arkansas that today is celebrated as Robert E. Lee's birthday, at least in these parts of Arkansas.  The local school took the day off in honor of His service and dedication to the Confederecy. There was a couple of parties advertised in the local papers for tonight, so I just wanted to say

Happy Robert E. Lee Day
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Major 2

I always celebrate it ... the cool thing is if I happen to work on that day I  get 2X Time.... thanx marse Robert  ;)
when planets align...do the deal !

Big John Denny

As I bow my head. The General did more with less than any commander in history.
Big John Denny, SASS 64775
US Army Retired
Los Vaqueros
BOLD #661
GOFWG #240
SBSS #1780 (Order of the Golden Bullet)
NMLRA
NRA
"Aim small....Miss small"

Major E A Sterner

Happy Birthday General Robert E. Lee (Hand Salute)
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Wymore Wrangler

Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

tarheel mac

and Happy Birthday to Marse Robert...a man who showed us all what "class" really is....

Rubideaux

He was probably the greatest American. Happy birthday Sir!!
It seems my hypocrocy knows no bounds.

Virginia Gentleman

Here in the "Olde Dominion" aka: The Commonwealth of Virginia, we celebrate Lee-Jackson Day usually the Friday before MLK Day.

El Deguello

Thanks for the reminder.  Would like to think that Lee favored Shelby Foot in mannerism and speech.  
In respect of God, Country & Flag. 
http://www.freewebs.com/eldeguello/index.htm

LazyK Pejay

What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world.

Robert E. Lee
Confederate General -
In A Letter To His Wife

An exceptional man for any time...

LazyK Pejay

Cyrille

I too celebrate the GENERAL'S birthday along with that of Stonewall's even if "Ole Bluelight" was a teetodler I lift a glass of 1st class beer in their honor and memory. Happy Birthday to two of the greatest military strategests ever!!
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242
"Never apologize Mr.; it's a sign of weakness."
Capt. Nathan Brittles {John Wayne} in "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon."

"A gun is  just a tool. No better and no worse than any other tool----- Think of it always in that way. A gun is as good--- and as bad--- as the man who carries it. Remember that."
                                                   Shane

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com