authenticating original 44 Henry

Started by Jbdurrant, October 07, 2024, 08:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbdurrant

I just bought a 44 Henry with a 4 digit serial number. I'm having trouble finding the information on how to tell if it's real or a reproduction. Any help would be awesome. So far I verified the length is correct and it is a rimfire.

Abilene

I'm not sure if you are a real person or an AI Robot, as we've had an influx of them.  I'm leaning towards 'Bot because anyone with the wherewithall to buy an original Henry would not need to be asking these questions.  But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for the moment.  What does it say on top of the barrel?  The very first Navy Arms reproductions were rimfire.  If you're real, post some pics.

Jbdurrant

I promise you I'm real!  I had no idea what I was buying.  I do home inspections and it was an estate that was being cleaned out. They actually offered it to me for free but I payed them for it anyway. My dad collects octagon barrel 22s and I saw an old gun with an octagon barrel so I asked about it.  I researched it when I got home and I think I might have gotten lucky!  I'll want to post pictures, but I don't see how to post pictures. I'm obviously new to this page. Thanks for your help!!

Buck Stinson

PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES!  Otherwise, we have no idea what you have.

Abilene

Again, what does it say on the barrel?

Buck Stinson

No reply yet?  Looks like we may have been played.

Major 2

Say the word Gents, and Ill kick the thread to the outhouse
when planets align...do the deal !

Abilene

It's only been a week.  Kind of like being a spotter at a match, like to give the shooter (poster) the benefit of the doubt (but not forever  ;)  )

Tascosa Joe

He may be dealing with the weather issues on the east coast.  You never know.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Coffinmaker

:) NAH  >:(  :(

We been played.  Semi-almost skillfully, but played none the less.  I suggest kicking it to the OutHouse for future considerations.  Burma Shave

Major 2

Well, I'm of a mind to give leniency.... :-\
 If for no other reason, the thread has offered fodder for discussion.

Hair Trigger Jim

To be honest, if I were him, and everybody said I was probably a bot or asked for pictures and I had no idea how to get them to post (and of course he won't know that they need to be compressed first), it would be pretty intimidating to come back to this forum.  I mean, some of us still don't post our own pictures after being here how long?  Does that mean those members are fake?  Now, there were some good answers and questions posted too.  But I could see the original poster deciding that we were a bit too curmudgeonly for his taste, and not bothering to come back.  Which would be a shame because this board is a real treasure.

To the original poster with the Henry, if you're still there, let us know and somebody will be happy to explain how to post pictures here.  If you have a PC or an Android, I can explain it myself.  If you only have Apple devices, I trust someone else will be able to point you in the right direction.  But if you have an original Henry, or even a Navy Arms rimfire replica, we'd love to hear more about it.
Hair Trigger Jim

Major 2

Abilene

He (it?) also didn't answer the one question that I asked twice, which would tell us what he had.

Coffinmaker

:) Oh Krap ;)

I had a real cute comment all ready to go.  Then I got distracted and forgot what I was gonna say.  Never Mind.

Black River Smith

Abilene,
I think it states - FOR YOUR SAFETY do not use reloads - only use Approved Henry flat nose ammunition.  Absolutely no pointed bullets in tubular magazines. ;D  :P ----  If I am not mistaken.  ;)   ::)

HA! HA!  Sorry just trying to help Coffinmaker remember what his comment was going to be.

BRS
Black River Smith

Hair Trigger Jim

Hair Trigger Jim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com