October Ghoolies & Ghosties,Cawfee,Tea and candy corn

Started by Major E A Sterner, September 30, 2024, 11:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

'Tis 22 and mostly sunny. High of 56 and mostly sunny.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

The Trinity Kid

Morning all.

Glad to hear everyone made it through the storms ok.

Got home from 8 days on the Boise fire yesterday. Back in the saddle today, leaving for work. It's also Mrs. TKs birthday today, so I have to do a last minute scramble to figure something out for that.

Y'all keep the hoofed side facing the dirt.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Coffinmaker

:) Hey Evrbody  ;)

Happy to hear folks came through the storm so well.  Was some concerned.  My Sweetheart and I were due to arrive in Florida This week for our annual Fall Fling for Food and Wine on Mouse Safari.  Gettin here was a trick and seeing the big piles of Swarefego in the neighborhoods is actually scary.  Hope evrone continues to do well.

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 22 and mostly sunny. High of 62 and sunny.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 23 and sunny. High of 67 and sunny.

Slim

DeaconKC

Morning all, 40 here right now, supposed to hit 70 today. Gonna go in and give lunch breaks at the LGS today, gonna have tomorrow off due to the store being closed for First Day of Deer Season. Y'all play nice today! ;D
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Delmonico

Got home from Lincoln about 4, took a bit of a nap, and working on supper, potato, onions, bacon and cheese, twist tonight, got potato sausage links on top. I keep cooked yellow tater in the fridge and can make a quick bake or fried taters.

Made a cherry slump last night in the 8.  Cheated and used canned pie filling. Takes less than 5 minutes to make then just bake.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Delmonico

Been doing these in the 5" camp oven in the stove oven, 2 apples cut up, a crust and bake. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Major 2

Looks yummy, Cherry Pie is my weakness, well that and blueberry Oh! Key Lime  ;D
when planets align...do the deal !

Major 2

Got cold nosed like electric shock, and a lick awakening.
 Then a whimper when I did not respond fast enough indicating IT'S an emergency " need to go out ! "at 6:AM.
"SHE" is pet sitting for our daughter, because the kid is on a yearly office cruise, paid by the Veterinarian Hospital she staffs.
Anyway, dogs fed, horse will wait for first light.
I decided to make me a full-on breakfast.
 Eggs, Maple breakfast sausage links, sore dough toast and my usual coffee.
Sitting here pleasantly stuffed  ;D normally, it's just coffee and toast.

But I have, more of the huge tree to cut, thanks to MILTON. :(
 Some friends are coming, and I hope to make it short work, last week I was stove up a day or two after.  :-[

Major 2

Pooped out again, but the tree is cut up.

I'll offer free oak firewood.

Delmonico

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 45 and clear. High of 79 and mostly sunny.

Slim

Major E A Sterner

Good Evening to all Y'all,
I shot my last CAS match of the year today. I did much better than last weeks disaster where I had 14 rifle rounds not fire,I did reloads on all of them and ended up with only 1 miss, but stage times in the 90 second range.Today my rifle worked perfectly and I had 1 miss, I was 9th overall,2nd in category (Senior)so I'm happy with that. I used different primers (Winchester)and also gave the rifle a deep clean and fresh lube. Weather was chilly at first, but sunny and temps ended up in the upper 60's.All in all it was a great day.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

DeaconKC

Way to go Major on a great match. Nice day today at Church, it was Old Fashioned Day, so lots of nice outfits and overalls! Supposed to be real pretty this week. Looks like I'm getting a Swedish Rolling Block this week.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 46 and sunny. High of 80 and mostly sunny.

Slim

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 41 and overcast. "Cooler. Mostly cloudy. A chance of sprinkles in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. South wind 10 to 15 mph."

Slim

Delmonico

We got about !/10th of an inch last night, should stop the fire danger but not be to wet to harvest.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com