October Ghoolies & Ghosties,Cawfee,Tea and candy corn

Started by Major E A Sterner, September 30, 2024, 11:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major E A Sterner

Another month closer to the evil white stuff and the last 3 CAS matches of the year for me.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Hair Trigger Jim

Been listening to an owl outside with my daughter who woke up with a bellyache (she's getting over being sick).  Happily she loves owls.

My wife also startled a large raccoon off our deck, where it was enjoying our catfood.

So we're well on our way to October here, even though we still have over half an hour of September left.
Hair Trigger Jim

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

'Tis 45 and sunny. Not much dew. High of 64 and sunny.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

The Trinity Kid

Morning all.

72, heading for 103 today. I guess the weather didn't get the memo.

Yesterday, I took my crew to another station for an all day class. I already have this class, so I spent most of the day on the back porch of the station tearing apart an old saw to figure out what was wrong with it. Turned out, it looks like someone ran straight gas in a 2-stroke, and the piston/cylinder are scored enough to grate Parmesan. Hopefully we can get some funding to get that repaired, because it's supposed to be my saw ::)

Mrs TK has a Dr appointment today, so I'll tag along for that, for lack of other things to do.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

DeaconKC

Howdy all. Supposed to hit 88 today. Getting a couple of estimates for a new roof, do damage or leaks, but it's 15 years old and we want to avoid those problems. Maybe take the Missus out to dinner tonight.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Delmonico

Left the trailer yesterday, will be into my apartment tomorrow evening.  At my daughter's in a nearby smaller town.  Just slept most the day, needed the rest.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

First frost of the season.

'Tis 32 and sunny. High of 70 and sunny.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 38 and mostly sunny. High of 72 and mostly sunny.

Slim

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 38 and partly cloudy. High of 67 and sunny.

Slim

The Trinity Kid

Morning all.

55 and not a cloud in the sky. Headed for 100.

On today's agenda, my Engine was tasked with making an appearance at a public event down in the city. I didn't volunteer for it, but here we are.

I also learned that Monday I will be leaving for the neighborigg by Forest with a different engine to help with cleaning up after the Boise Fire. Didn't volunteer for that one either, but I'll take the overtime and perdiem for that one.  ::)

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

DeaconKC

Morning all. 72 here right now gonna be 86 today. Gonna take the Missus out later for an early dinner tonight. Working tomorrow and Monday, with Church of course on Sunday. Supposed to be real nice here the next 10 days.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Johnny McCrae

Quote from: DeaconKC on October 04, 2024, 10:48:19 AMGonna take the Missus out later for an early dinner tonight
I took my bride out for dinner yesterday at an Italian Restaurant. The food was so-so and way too expensive for what you got. My bride is Italian, a good cook and good judge of Italian food. She thought the sauce was on the sour side, not like her grandma used to make. The highpoint of the meal for me was the Italian beer. Hope you have a better experience than we did.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 60 and mostly sunny. High of 74 and partly cloudy.

Slim

Professor Marvel

Strange weather here in the great southwest.

We have a huge crop of pinions and scrub oak acrons falling all over the new deck.

We had some good rain for a few days a week to ten days ago. Then the drought started again.
Couple days ago we had what looked like it could be a great rain but it came like a sneeze.
Big drops, all at once and lasted about two minutes.

Time to buy that 3000 gallon tank for the well. Fill slowly and have a resevoir.

On the bright side, we are hearing owls at night, ravens telling us the days news, and deer prints up to the back door. Some bear prints, but, praise the lord, no cougar prints. Yet.

Last year the neighbor across the street saw a cougar on one of his late evening strolls.
He told everybody alllll about it, and evry person then gave him a detailed analyis on everything
that he had done wrong, lol . So, except for him, we are all packing when we wander about. He is carrying a rake  ;D

Yhs
Prof rambles

Your Humble Servant

praeceptor miraculum

~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

pony express

Mornin' all. 63 here, headed to 80. No rain, no clouds for the extended forecast. Grass is getting pretty crunchy here, only one rainy day since the beginning of September.

Major 2

Not looking good. each day Milton is more and more a major threat.
when planets align...do the deal !

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 45 and mostly sunny. High of 60, blustery and partly cloudy.

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com