October Ghoolies & Ghosties,Cawfee,Tea and candy corn

Started by Major E A Sterner, September 30, 2024, 11:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major 2

74 degrees and windy, overcast with spots of blue sky.
It's a mess, but I'm after it, dragged the pile of Sweetgum to the road.
Picking up smaller branches, Spanish moss etc.
"SHE" cleaned the pool and I the filter its swimmable again.  :)
Putting back stuff that was collected and stowaway in the garage.
Damage is limited to the horse stalls. Horse is fine some cleaner washed and blow dried ;D as it were.
Pictures are in early morning light.

I feel truly blessed, I feel we were watch over and spared.

The BIG Oak will require machinery and a crew, too much for this old man  :(
  And $$$$ also too much for my paygrade.  :-[  :-\

I should mention the Old Oak was struck by lightning several years ago and was dying
you can see the core was bad.

when planets align...do the deal !

DeaconKC

Glad to hear you are all okay. Gonna check today to make sure the timeshare in Kissimmee is till gonna be open next week. Pretty day here, gonna go clean the van and get it ready for the trip. We will get to go see out g'niece in Pensacola anyway!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Major 2

Pensacola may be as far as you should travel in a van.
The Bend area east of Tallahassee took a major beating from Helene.
Then the rest of the State's west coast & mid Florida was hammered by Milton.
Fuel may be an issue. Places up there are still out of power from Helene.
In any case it will be torn up, but some better by then.

And to add more pain, there is another area of interest, right where Helene & Milton were spawn.
They see something that they are alerting us about.  ::) 

Silver Creek Slim

Took the whole family to the North woods of WI, today for the weekend. 50th anniversary of the founding of Arrowhead Bible Camp. This is where I lived during HS and was a camp counselor in the late 80's. Also, met my better-half there.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

'Tis 46 and mostly cloudy. High of 57 and partly sunny.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Major 2

I am blessed, the gentleman in the photo is the Mayoral candidate for Saint Cloud Florida.
He is a friend, and I have done some restoration gunsmithing for him.
God Bless Tony Busby and his son Shay. 

Johnny McCrae

Back home. Condo okay. No power.
Big mess all over the area
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Major 2

Good to hear from you John, I tried calling a few times today but just got VM.

DeaconKC

Good to talk to you today Major, thanks for looking out for us! Johnny, glad your place is okay. Slim, thanks for sharing a bit of your history with us.
Worked today, crud the last Saturday before deer season was NUTS.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Baltimore Ed

It was good to hear from you tonight Roger. Always a pleasure visiting. Next time we'll talk firearms instead of storms. Take care and don't overdo it.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Major 2

Spoke to Deacon KC & Baltimore Ed, actually I think just rambled on  ???
I was so tired; I passed out in my recliner in the den.

Update this morning...
I hope someone got the number of the TRUCK that hit me.
   feeling like a well beat rug.

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

Time for morning chapel.

'Tis 48 cloudy. High of 50 and mostly cloudy.

Slim

Johnny McCrae

Still no power. Incredible lines at the gasoline pumps at 2:00 AM this morning. We were Very lucky. Others lost everything. My prayers go out to them and my thanks to the Lord above.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Delmonico

Glad you two made out fine.  Riley and I went for a short ride in the country last night. Only one friend was home, the rest were combining and the nephew and crowd were going to Tecumseh for something. Very dusty, supposed to rain some in a day or two, will wait till then, air don't work on the Jeep Car thing so we were very dusty.   
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Silver Creek Slim

We are home safe and sound. Rained off and on during the trip home.
Had a good time.

Slim

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

My youngest gave me his cold, so I am staying home today.

'Tis 40 and mostly cloudy. "Mostly cloudy. Rain showers likely in the afternoon. Highs around 50. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent."

Slim

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 30 and mostly sunny. High of 50 and partly cloudy.

Slim

pony express

Morning, All! 45 degrees here, high of 56 Cloudy so far this morning, almost NO chance of rain. Freeze warning tonight-but yesterday we already had a light frost. Made some sorghum syrup last night, a little more to do today. Second year doing it, grew some cane in the garden, run it through as hand cranked Chinesium/Amazon mill, cooked down over a fire in the yard.

Johnny McCrae

Got our power back at 4:00 AM this morning. We live in a 55+ Condo community. The Condos are constructed of concrete block with stucco on the outside. They held up pretty well to hurricane winds we had. Due to the extreme amount of wind and rain, some of my friends had water come in through the foundation and lost shingles. Others living near or on the water had terrible damage and devastation. We were lucky.

As my good friend, Major 2 said "I feel truly blessed, I feel we were watched over and spared"

DeaconKC

Got the new roof finished today, they did a very nice job overall, couple of details need attention but pleased overall. Discovered a woodpecker had torn up the back of our shed, so had to plug those holes today too. Ah, the joys of being a homeowner. So Thursday and Friday [if needed] I will be camping out with a pellet gun looking for Woody.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com