Anyone dealt with Stellar00 ?

Started by missourijack, September 30, 2024, 02:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missourijack

Stellar00 offered to sell me some 45-75 ammo. he has been on the board since July as a registered visitor. Never made any posts. I'm in spidey-sense mode. No money sent

Abilene

Caution is the wise choice here.  At the least ask for a picture of his driver license sitting on top of the ammo.  Probably some other things you could do to verify as well, but these days, my bet is a scammer.

Major 2

" but these days, my bet is a scammer. " agreed

Personally, 50 posts in community would be the requirement before classified section is open.
when planets align...do the deal !

Coffinmaker

:) PLUS ONE for Major 2 ;)

Absolutely.  If an individual is not a participant on our forums, on a regular basis I would have to vote to not allow someone to use our Classifieds as a Dumping Ground nor Scamming.  AT LEAST 50 posts in participation.

Abilene

In this case, the alleged-perp did not post anything at all.  He registered on the site over a year ago in July of '23, and apparently contacted Missourijack by PM.  So, a 50-post limit before posting in the classifieds would not help.

I would be tempted to PM him and invite him to this topic to see if he could prove himself to us (or disappear).

Hair Trigger Jim

A 50-post limit before viewing the classifieds would almost eliminate this type of scammer, and I think that was what was being suggested.
Hair Trigger Jim

missourijack

I asked him to introduce himself. So far, radio silence.

missourijack

For future reference, Stellar00, Mittens and the new incarnation of brudford are scam artists.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com